tekejew

Head Coach input

Just wanted to see how everyone that is hosting tournaments this season will handle the new start date? Will everyone just bump their tournaments up a month? or will those tournaments that were scheduled in December need to find dates in February?  I don't really have a preference, just as long as we all get to compete. 

I know I have suggested to coaches that once we get state date finalized,  work back from there. 

For example if state is approved for April 2/ 3:

regions are march 26/27(week before state)

Girls state March 20 (week before region)

State duals March 13 (2 weeks before region)

Section duals completed by Feb 27 (2 weeks before state duals)

If you look at past year calendar and events, its easy to schedule back that way. Because of gym availability,  some may not work out perfect, but I think thats a good way to start

If you look at last years schedule,  its the same amount of weekends if state is April 3rd. 11 regular season weeks, the region and state

As for rolling everything up to Jan that would be difficult since some tournaments are already scheduled for those dates as well. Would be better to do as stated before wait for state date. Then get the other post season stuff settled. Then move Dec to whatever the empty dates are left in Feb & March as some teams won’t be competing in state duals, girls state or other things.

It would be a lot easier to move December tournaments to February. At least that’s what we are doing. You really only need to schedule 1 month instead of scratching the entire season and starting over. March seems pretty full of post season tournaments. So we are completely open in February if anyone needs a team