NO-OX 1

Season Starts!!!

22 minutes ago, NO-OX 1 said:

Just curious, who out there actually gets  to officially start this week? Different local rules being applied in Hardin , Meade and LaRue.

What kind of local rules?

1 hour ago, NO-OX 1 said:

Just curious, who out there actually gets  to officially start this week? Different local rules being applied in Hardin , Meade and LaRue.

Ive heard same in Oldham co as well. They are still conditioning only till Nov 16th. 

We are starting today as well.  3 different practice times for us at HC.  3:30-5, 5:15-6:45, and 6:45-7:45.  Working out the kinks with Covid at the HS level then phasing in middle school and youth.  

I feel for you Coach its been way to long as it is and happy we go full force today. I hate it for all the coaches and kids that do have to miss out we have two that wont wrestle due to health concerns. I am sure it will affect all teams in some way. Sorry again coach.

12 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Still sad :(

oh I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much I want to say but I can't.

We will talk soon enough. If you're at Central Hardin next Saturday for MS come find me and let's talk. 

35 minutes ago, halfhalfhalf said:

oh I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much I want to say but I can't.

We will talk soon enough. If you're at Central Hardin next Saturday for MS come find me and let's talk. 

I won't be there. I doubt I help any this year. Pretty much just following online. 

Talk about tough situation. Was talking to McCreary Central coach and he said they are only allowing him to have 6 kids in the wrestling room at a time. They have around a 900 square foot room. Just crazy!

If the season is going to be like this then why do we not just postpone untill Spring? I feel like more kids and teams from youth to highschool would have a better opportunity to be able to have a season if we had a season March-May. My opinion 

1 hour ago, panthers said:

So I seen where it was asked what are the special rules in Hardin, Meade and Larue County Schools but never seen any answers do we have any yet.

I saw that Larue could not practice this week because they designated it an NTI week. 

23 hours ago, panthers said:

I feel for you Coach its been way to long as it is and happy we go full force today. I hate it for all the coaches and kids that do have to miss out we have two that wont wrestle due to health concerns. I am sure it will affect all teams in some way. Sorry again coach.

All good. we've been fighting the fight for the kids. I just hate for them. On a positive side, we are getting stronger and more explosive in the weight room. 

19 hours ago, CUTiger184 said:

What kind of guidelines is JCPS pushing out? I know FCPS has made it difficult for our Lexington schools.  

We aren’t allowed physical contact this week. It’s a week by week basis for us

Pushing the start of season until Spring seems like the only option that could salvage a season. Is this being discussed?  Sure wouldn't want to barge ahead ignoring the last two weeks of data and risk having it all shut down in January, costing another group of seniors their chance at one last state tourney.  Just one fan's opinion. Not a coach or parent.

2 hours ago, CradleKY said:

Pushing the start of season until Spring seems like the only option that could salvage a season. Is this being discussed?  Sure wouldn't want to barge ahead ignoring the last two weeks of data and risk having it all shut down in January, costing another group of seniors their chance at one last state tourney.  Just one fan's opinion. Not a coach or parent.

I know starting season later has been huge topic of discussion between coaches, i think most are for it if it saves the season. 

I also know a few have went to khsaa to ask about it, but from what I hear they basically say thanks for the input,  its a fluid situation and we will see what happens. 

Khsaa doesnt share information until decisions are made. So pretty much have to wait till nov 18th and see what happens in the board of control meeting.  

You'd think we could look at how other states have hosted tournaments throughout the summer and implement what works.  I'm not entirely sure how requiring everyone to have their own personal ankle bands will mitigate the spread of COVID.  Perhaps the biggest issue I have with  some of these regulations is the fact that the essence of the sport is being stripped.  It takes a special person to embrace a sport that is dependent on making weight in the middle of winter during the holiday season while being exposed to bacterial, fungal, and VIRAL infections every year.  That same individual must go out on the mat in front of a crowd and try to compress their opponents' shoulders to the mat without them letting you.  It's physical problem solving with serious consequences.  The fastest way for a match to end is for someone to end up in their most vulnerable position - on their back, looking at the lights.  At which point, they get up and immediately shake their opponent's hand.  Upon shaking hands with their opponent, they humbly walk to the opponent's coach and shake their hand as well.  All of this happening in front of a crowd, after defeat.  On the other hand, the victor gets praise in the form of the oldest way to declare a winner - raising of the hand at the end of a match.  Perhaps more than just the physicality of the sport, it's the life lessons (respect, dignity, discipline, humility, etc) that last longer than any championship.  Seems to me, most of those physical expressions have been taken away this year.  

• Upvote 2