GentleBeard

December 19th

On 9/25/2020 at 2:42 PM, GentleBeard said:

Only thing I’ve heard is no out of state tournaments. 

They must not mean Indiana because despite their Covid 19 numbers being a multiple of Kentucky's they are in phase 5. I was listening to the South Dearbon game tonight and the announcers said the stands were full because the restrictions had been lifted. Go figure.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:42 PM, GentleBeard said:

Only thing I’ve heard is no out of state tournaments. 

We are able to compete out of state, but the teams must be from bordering counties. 

• Kentucky teams may only participate in contests (at home or away) against KHSAA member schools in Kentucky, or those schools located in a county in an adjacent state (Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, or Virginia) where the county in which that school is located is contiguous to Kentucky. (REQUIRED)

10 minutes ago, GooglyMoogly said:

We are able to compete out of state, but the teams must be from bordering counties. 

• Kentucky teams may only participate in contests (at home or away) against KHSAA member schools in Kentucky, or those schools located in a county in an adjacent state (Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, or Virginia) where the county in which that school is located is contiguous to Kentucky. (REQUIRED)

Does that mean the school must be contiguous or the school competing at.  (can you wrestle a team from Dayton ohio if it is at a cincy school?)

38 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Does that mean the school must be contiguous or the school competing at.  (can you wrestle a team from Dayton ohio if it is at a cincy school?)

No, you can not. The team you wrestle must touch Ky. They went over that same thing in one of the board meetings I listened to 

That's the same as I found. It looks like here is the other counties in other states.

Indiana

Posey, Vandenberg, Warrick, Spencer, Perry, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Clark, Jefferson, & Switzerland

Illinois

Alexander, Pulaski, Massac, Pope & Hardin

Missouri

Perry, Cape Gimerdeau, Scott & Mississippi

Tennessee

Claiborne, Campbell, Scott, Pickett, Clay, Macon, Sumner, Robertson, Montgomery, Stewart, Henry, Weakley, OBion, & Lake

Virginia

Buchanan, Dickenson, Wise, & Lee

West Virginia

Mc Dowell, Minge, Wayne & Mercer

This seems to be the ones I found that boarder our state.

Good luck to all and have a safe season.

1 hour ago, panthers said:

That's the same as I found. It looks like here is the other counties in other states.

Indiana

Posey, Vandenberg, Warrick, Spencer, Perry, Crawford, Harrison, Floyd, Clark, Jefferson, & Switzerland

Illinois

Alexander, Pulaski, Massac, Pope & Hardin

Missouri

Perry, Cape Gimerdeau, Scott & Mississippi

Tennessee

Claiborne, Campbell, Scott, Pickett, Clay, Macon, Sumner, Robertson, Montgomery, Stewart, Henry, Weakley, OBion, & Lake

Virginia

Buchanan, Dickenson, Wise, & Lee

West Virginia

Mc Dowell, Minge, Wayne & Mercer

This seems to be the ones I found that boarder our state.

Good luck to all and have a safe season.

You know them northern ky guys think ohio is the only other state that touches ky...lol

2 hours ago, coachteater said:

You know them northern ky guys think ohio is the only other state that touches ky...lol

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You mean there’s other team besides Ohio teams we can wrestle? Looks like some road trips south and East!!

13 hours ago, coachteater said:

Nah Ind. touches Ky a little. LOL 

But would love to be able to travel to Missouri and Tenn to wrestle some.