gator1

Middle School Schedule

Anyone scheduling middle school tournaments yet?  We're probably all in the same position, anxious to get events scheduled, but too many questions to actually start planning our own hosted tournaments. Just want to see where you all stand on this.  

As far as I know, the only KY middle school tournament planed is KWOA, and that appears to not be following KHSAA guidelines.  Is that still going to happen?  Strange that a Kentucky "Officials" tournament wouldn't want to follow the KHSAA guidelines by hosting the tournament before the competitive season is supposed to begin.   

• Downvote 1

This is a sanctioned USA Wrestling tournament.  USA Wrestling has its own Return to Mat Protocol that will be followed to ensure compliance and safety for all athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators.  The host school also has guidelines that will be followed as well.

• Upvote 2

The KHSAA released wrestling guidelines today

Segment 1: * First Contest through December 31: Limit dual/tri/quad style meets to a maximum of 4 schools. Limit tournaments to a maximum of 6 schools or 56 wrestlers.

➢ Segment 2: * January 1 to January 15:
Limit dual/tri/quad style meets to a maximum of 8 schools. Limit tournaments to a maximum of 12 schools or 112 wrestlers.

➢ Segment 3: * January 16 to the beginning of the region: Limit dual/tri/quad style meets to a maximum of 12 schools. Limit tournaments to a maximum of 16 schools or 168 wrestlers.

More info can be found here 

https://khsaa.org/resources/Covid19/CovidResumptionofSports/ApprovedVersion/Winter/wrestlingcombined.pdf

With the state putting out their guidelines for the season what events are out there?!?

Who will be hosting events?

Christian County is looking to complete their schedule. Shoot me a text/call at 270-305-1169 or email me at dleavell053@gmail.com

McNabb in Montgomery county is looking to fill their schedule. Message me at mstevens0034@gmail.com we can come to you up to around 1 1/2 hours. Thanks in advance, Coach Matt