DrBaker

Hoosier Preseason

Who's in for the Indianamat Preseason Open? Spencer Moore and Cole Thomas won it last year. Lots of Indiana's best kids and lots of ranked wrestlers. 

This is from Indianamat.  With any luck it will happen.

We have found a venue and are looking to finalize everything early next week. We are going to wait to make sure we get department of health approval before moving forward with registration.

Just a note we will likely have 3 sessions of wrestling, Saturday evening, Sunday morning, and Sunday afternoon. That way we can limit the number of athletes and coaches/parents as much as humanly possible during the event.

I check out Indianamat a couple times a week to see whats happening. They seem confident they will have this tourney and a season. 

Cole Thomas, Noah Duke, Rusty Craddock and Carter Messerly from Ryle will be going. Depending on the football season, we may have a few more that will go. 

On 8/10/2020 at 2:19 PM, DrBaker said:

I check out Indianamat a couple times a week to see whats happening. They seem confident they will have this tourney and a season. 

will you send me info please?

This is from the tournament director.  

Our plan that we submitted to the board of health is basically this.

Three sessions with approximately 250 athletes in each session. We'll have a Saturday evening session(5-9pm), Sunday morning session(9am-1pm), and a Sunday afternoon session(1-5pm). Each session should be about 4 hours in length.

Each athlete will be allowed to bring in two guests(parent, coach, etc) and they will obviously need to pay. We are doing away with the coaches passes just to make it easier on our staff for this year. Which means "anyone" can coach.

Obviously it is highly likely that facial coverings will be required for everyone unless you are warming up or wrestling. I am anticipating a response very soon on our status. 

•  
  • Upvote 2

We always have great representation from Kentucky.

Check our social media and website tonight for an announcement. We are dotting some i's and crossing some t's, but things are looking good.