Sign in to follow this  
take em to the mat

Home work out?????

Depending on the size of your athlete, I found that a 70lb MMA punching bag was very versatile when helping train my son. While it’s hanging you can do some footwork and punching/pummeling exercises. Take it down and do some throwing exercises. After a throw, 30-60 seconds of ground and pound. Bear hug it and run up and down the driveway. Hook it to a band around the waist and sprint. Same set up and bear crawl. Hook it over your head and bear crawl drag. Get creative. It was was a great tool at my house. 

halfhalfhalf got to give you props for your name. How many times have you been at a meet and turned around when someone yells that. Also great drills you threw out there. 

Nike Man great ideas!! You put him through some rough drills. 

I would throw in some shadow drills. action/reaction 

Back to level change. This has become a lost art for most. I despise seeing kids diving for ankles and trying to work their way back to good position. Against quality opponents you won't recover from that shot. Great suggestions gentlemen 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WrestlingLunchBreak/  This Facebook page called Wrestling Lunch Break has a couple workouts per week I've been trying to get my wrestlers to follow along to.  They invite different wrestlers to run a practice or answer questions around lunch time 2 or 3 times per week.  They've had Kyle Snyder, J'Den Cox, Anthony Ashnault, Joey McKenna, Jason Nolf, Bo Nickle, and tons of others on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DossDragonsWrestling said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WrestlingLunchBreak/  This Facebook page called Wrestling Lunch Break has a couple workouts per week I've been trying to get my wrestlers to follow along to.  They invite different wrestlers to run a practice or answer questions around lunch time 2 or 3 times per week.  They've had Kyle Snyder, J'Den Cox, Anthony Ashnault, Joey McKenna, Jason Nolf, Bo Nickle, and tons of others on.

Thats great they are doing that. Thanks for the post.