Sign in to follow this  
take em to the mat

Joliet International

North Hardin fresh off State Championship took about 7 wrestlers. I was there, didn’t last long. We had a few studs that won a few match but everyone got pinned!!! 135 man brackets!! I think we had one kid finish top 40 maybe. Lots of fun. 

12 minutes ago, NO-OX 1 said:

North Hardin fresh off State Championship took about 7 wrestlers. I was there, didn’t last long. We had a few studs that won a few match but everyone got pinned!!! 135 man brackets!! I think we had one kid finish top 40 maybe. Lots of fun. 

What year?? I wrestled gallagher and watson from another one of the hardin schools

1978!! Watson was from West Hardin. 
Bernie McCamish, Pete Baney, Jeff Shoebrooks, Ron Williams , Mike Gallagher and myself, Joe Burroughs all from North that year. 

2 minutes ago, NO-OX 1 said:

1978!! Watson was from West Hardin. 
Bernie McCamish, Pete Baney, Jeff Shoebrooks, Ron Williams , Mike Gallagher and myself, Joe Burroughs all from North that year. 

Myself and 4 others were team KY add ons. We were from New Albany, IN Had those redish color warm ups from team KY

I remember getting destroyed by a kid from Germany. I didn’t even make it to State that yr. Had no business in an   International Tournament. Fun memories. Rode back with 6 of us in a 73 mustang coupe!!! Lol 

19 minutes ago, NO-OX 1 said:

I remember getting destroyed by a kid from Germany. I didn’t even make it to State that yr. Had no business in an   International Tournament. Fun memories. Rode back with 6 of us in a 73 mustang coupe!!! Lol 

Ha we had an old cargo van sat on milk crates and had wired some big speakers to the 8 track and hit the road. I had a decent tournament there.

You remember days at Tom Sawyer State park. I think Lou Owens was the AAU man in KY. We did several tournaments there. About the only thing going on way back then. 

Yes spent many hours there. Yes,  Lou was ahead of his time, now that I think about it. We wrestled austria there. Had some good practices there as well. I wrestled your guy Gallagher at meet there as well as Trinity. I'm sure we hung out with some of your guys at meets. I'm just glad you remembered That Joilet tournament.