Sign in to follow this  
Parrott Wing

Open Mats Simon Kenton High School

Hey all, Coach Parrott here with Simon Kenton wrestling, we are providing FREE open mats Mondays and Wednesdays at Simon Kenton High School's practice gym from 7-8:30ish. All are welcome, and like I said it is a free opportunity, the only requirements are a valid USA wrestling card. We are looking to get a lot of tough guys and girls in the room to keep growing the sport in the area and have a summer full of growth in the sport. This will be open primarily to high school and middle school aged athletes.

Thank you Joe and Jarod for offering this up to help NKY wrestlers find mats to work out. As much as we all enjoy training the kids, it seems like all clubs and schools are doing their part to keep everyone safe and to do their part in stopping any chance of spreading the virus. Stay/Get healthy and we’ll all be back on the mats by summertime!!

It is great to see more Wrestling in Northern Kentucky. Out of curiosity, (there isn’t much Wrestling going on now obviously). Some of us Ohio coaches were discussing Freestyle in Kentucky. What are the rules about High School Coaches coaching Freestyle and Greco? In Ohio coaches are 100% allowed to coach Freestyle and Greco during the off season. Becase life isn’t very exciting I looked up the KHSAA bylaws.  In reading the Khsaa rules, it doesn’t provide a very clear answer. Obviously open mats are allowed, is there any rule as to style of Wrestling or coaching kids at tournaments in the spring. Maybe it’s clear to someone smarter than I am. Do open mats have to be folkstyle? No rush but if anyone can clarify it would be appreciated. Stay safe and healthy NKY!