Sign in to follow this  
Salto

Cool Wrestling Names

Over the years I have seen some really cool wrestling names. Saw one today on an Ohio Wrestling forum and I thought it would be cool to see some KY names! 

Stone Peeler ! That’s awesome! 

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeX125 said:

Remember the one wrestler from fern creek who was named yo’majesty

No, but that  is a cool name! 

Just browsing results from this year and saw where 

Kyle Grizz beat Kevin Wolfe @ the Lexington City Championship @ 160 this year. Kinda a no brainer  if you ask me... sorry had to laugh. No disrespect to either athlete but everyone knows a Grizz will always take out a lone wolf .

D71F4F1A-936B-48DE-A8AE-F38E86D6B6D1.png

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeX125 said:

The last name warfield makes it even better

B621D0B6-F186-4042-A335-CC82BB433A6B.png

Hahahaha that’s totally awesome! 

It’s in my top 5 for sure! I wonder what that young athletes life was like as an adolescent? Had to be rough! 

6 minutes ago, FalconWrestling said:

I want to say his sister's name was Yo Highness or something like that

Wow! I don’t know if their parents loved them or wanted them to be as tough as masonry nails!!!???

Years ago in West Virginia there were the Bonecutter brothers of Point Pleasant. I always thought that was an awesome last name for wrestling.  I believe one of them may be the head wrestling coach there now.  Another one that I recall from years ago was Matt Dragon from PA. 

The ultimate wrestling name however would have to belong to former Detroit Lions and UK football player, and Hopkinsville High School Alum, Artose Pinner. Of all the last names a wrestler could have "Pinner" would have to be the best. I am not sure if he was a member of Hopkinsville's wrestling team or not but I do know that he did have some close family ties to the program.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bluegrassbrawler said:

Years ago in West Virginia there were the Bonecutter brothers of Point Pleasant. I always thought that was an awesome last name for wrestling.  I believe one of them may be the head wrestling coach there now.  Another one that I recall from years ago was Matt Dragon from PA. 

The ultimate wrestling name however would have to belong to former Detroit Lions and UK football player, and Hopkinsville High School Alum, Artose Pinner. Of all the last names a wrestler could have "Pinner" would have to be the best. I am not sure if he was a member of Hopkinsville's wrestling team or not but I do know that he did have some close family ties to the program.

Artose had a cousin, Hank that was a state champ in the early 90's