Sign in to follow this  
panthers

Transportation for Virginia Beach Nationals

I am just wondering does most teams that go to Virginia Beach take the kids or does your parents. I am told its not a school event and therefore we cant transport kids nor can we use any school funds for such activities. Has anyone else ran into this or is just my school. I am trying to improve our kids, team and the sport they just don't get it so any thoughts could help. I am about sick of all this nonsupport every year its something new.

our parents drive and pay for entry fees. I end up paying for myself to go, but I also have family in the area so I can stay for free. I am not sure what Campbell Co and union co does. they always take a big group every year.

Any post season wrestling, we pay On our own. As soon as State is over,  the school season is over. We travel together and I take as many kids as I can fit in my wife’s SUV. We all share costs on hotels/house rentals etc. if you can make it a family event and add some fun, it’s worth every minute!!

49 minutes ago, gameface said:

Any post season wrestling, we pay On our own. As soon as State is over,  the school season is over. We travel together and I take as many kids as I can fit in my wife’s SUV. We all share costs on hotels/house rentals etc. if you can make it a family event and add some fun, it’s worth every minute!!

Thanks for the input but I am not allowed to transport in any vehicle other than school I was told and not allowed to do that either so I was wondering what others do. Thank you though just looking for answers.

6 minutes ago, panthers said:

Thanks for the input but I am not allowed to transport in any vehicle other than school I was told and not allowed to do that either so I was wondering what others do. Thank you though just looking for answers.

If tom, richard and billy want to go with Jimmy's mom your district cannot tell you they cannot go. That's the parent's decisions, not your districts.  It's up to the parents to fund and provide transportation. All you're doing is meeting them there. It's on your own dime. That's the argument I had with my school some years ago about it.

Yeah mine last year same. I was told if we did fundraisers to pay for trips we could now we can't use that money. I am just looking to see if anyone has had similar issues and ways to handle it cause I am about done with it all.

Just now, panthers said:

Yeah mine last year same. I was told if we did fundraisers to pay for trips we could now we can't use that money. I am just looking to see if anyone has had similar issues and ways to handle it cause I am about done with it all.

Easy.... Jut tell your parents if you want to go I will meet you there. 

I am not sure, but if you have a booster club are you allowed to pay for it? 

2 minutes ago, panthers said:

Yeah maybe we need to start a booster club so the school don't have control over that money. Never wanted or needed one before but might be the answer.

i am not sure the rules on it.... You may want to check with someone who has one. I know Redbook has a lot of say so on it. I just do not know the rules.

Yeah has to be a way that coaches don't have to pay there on way and kids can do fundraiser to cover cost without red book issue. Maybe some schools allow and others don't maybe its just about finding the school that backs wrestling.

Booster club associated with school never works. School has too much control. ( Redbook). Start a wrestling club and fundraise through that. Do not connect school with club anyway whatsoever. I ran into nightmares with No-Ox . Just takes one crazy!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NO-OX 1 said:

Booster club associated with school never works. School has too much control. ( Redbook). Start a wrestling club and fundraise through that. Do not connect school with club anyway whatsoever. I ran into nightmares with No-Ox . Just takes one crazy!!!

Joe knows

Yeah my middle school runs through my club I started years ago before we ever did middle school wrestling. Now it all goes to the school I think its time to rename and run separate. Thanks Ranger and Joe.