Sign in to follow this  
DocG

Coach Green and staff

I doubt Coach Green reads anything on this site, but I wanted to give a special thanks and congratulations to him and Lafayette for a top ten team finish at state. I always believed wrestling was an individual sport, but he taught me that it is absolutely a team sport and the team comes first. Coach Green, Angel and Dusty gave their heart and souls to these kids this year, just as Coach Green has been doing his whole career with high integrity. With few resources given to them and practicing in a glorified shed - after the baseball team finishes their winter conditioning - The coaches worked tirelessly to make these boys great wrestlers on the mat and more importantly shaping them to one day be great men, fathers and husbands. The coaches weren’t afraid to hold the boys accountable if they made poor choices off the mat, so hopefully they won’t make them again. I could not have asked for my son to be surrounded by better coaches, families and kids. No, we won’t set the team points record next year, but almost the whole team is back and I know they will all have a blast again!  Thank you Coach Green, Angel, and Dusty. I am not taking anything away from the coach who won coach of the year yesterday, but you all are coach of the year in my book.

• Upvote 2

Well said.  I went up to personally congratulate Coach Green on a great tournament.  That finals match bumped Lafayette over my Pioneers to take 10th from us but if it was going to happen, there isn't a coach I'd rather lose it to.  Coach Green is a great coach and an even better man.  Congratulations to him and his coaching staff on a great season. 

• Upvote 1