Sign in to follow this  
Checkmate

MOW ?

3 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

I hate the idea of excluding the non state qualifiers from receiving recognition for Academic Allstate.  

I'm just throwing out ideas. I just think those kids need to be recognized at the state meet.  Again it's all about more positive exposure for wrestling. 

5 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Any kid that is an athlete and an academic stand out should be recognized. Being one or the other is tough enough, but to be both, they have my respect. 

Now this old mind could be wrong again, but I seem to remember kids getting this at least once. How is this tallied? is it only for seniors? Cumulative through the 3rd quarter of their senior year? Otherwise how do you give it out at the state tournament?  You would have to wait until the end of the year to see their true cumulative GPA.  

I like the idea of Mr. Kentucky Wrestling.  It would help in the MOW at the state tourney, it would then be an award for the state tourney performance only. 

8 hours ago, take em to the mat said:

I'm just throwing out ideas. I just think those kids need to be recognized at the state meet.  Again it's all about more positive exposure for wrestling. 

Not recognizing wrestlers who have earned the award because they didn’t qualify for state isn’t positive.  If it’s such an important award (which it is), why limit the recognition to just state qualifiers.

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Not recognizing wrestlers who have earned the award because they didn’t qualify for state isn’t positive.  If it’s such an important award (which it is), why limit the recognition to just state qualifiers.

Read what I’m saying. I’m throwing out ideas.  You throw out ideas. Quit looking for controversy. 

1 hour ago, take em to the mat said:

Read what I’m saying. I’m throwing out ideas.  You throw out ideas. Quit looking for controversy. 

Sorry...I didn't realize we were just to throw out ideas, and not actually discuss them.  Carry on.

13 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Sorry...I didn't realize we were just to throw out ideas, and not actually discuss them.  Carry on.

First off. I misinterpreted your comment. So I apologize. So yes please discuss. I agree nominating everyone with 3.25 or higher. What I was saying pick the highest 14 gpa’s regardless of weight class. They are first team. Then the next highest 14 second team. Announce these wrestlers at state. Anyone else with 3.25 or higher is honorable mention.  I’m pretty sure we are on the same side here. 

46 minutes ago, GooglyMoogly said:

Have you sent the email out already? 

I stand corrected,  it was already done. ( looked back and I never got email) 

Coach Detwiler emailed member coaches around 5 weeks ago and gave the academic all state awards to coaches at state. 

Screenshot_20200218-121151_Samsung Internet.jpg