Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2019/2020 - Feb 11

Ok, the final update after regionals.  This is the final RANKING and does not have anything to do with state.  The Ranger report will consider the bracket and draws.

I won't blab much here as I need to spend every waking moment working on the report (Spencer is actually spending an inordinate amount of time helping me with a lot of it).

The only regional things I will address are: 1) great team race in region 6 and 2) many region 6 coaches were appalled that the last minute weight allowance prevented 2 wrestlers from competing because they were too light per KHSAA directive

Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to another great and safe state tournament!

Rankings_19_20_0211.pdf

10 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Ok, the final update after regionals.  This is the final RANKING and does not have anything to do with state.  The Ranger report will consider the bracket and draws.

I won't blab much here as I need to spend every waking moment working on the report (Spencer is actually spending an inordinate amount of time helping me with a lot of it).

The only regional things I will address are: 1) great team race in region 6 and 2) many region 6 coaches were appalled that the last minute weight allowance prevented 2 wrestlers from competing because they were too light per KHSAA directive

Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to another great and safe state tournament!

Rankings_19_20_0211.pdf

Question about the two wrestlers who weren't allowed to compete. Did this extra two pounds push them to a lower weight class and they weren't allowed to bump up more than 1 weight class?

2 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Question about the two wrestlers who weren't allowed to compete. Did this extra two pounds push them to a lower weight class and they weren't allowed to bump up more than 1 weight class?

correct

1 hour ago, Eat at Joe's said:

That's too bad. I thought they opened the scales early for this reason. A 32 oz beverage would have solved that problem.

The problem in this situation is that the +2 wasn't communicated until 4 hrs prior to weigh ins and may not have made it to the kid until much later than that.  Then take into account some of these kids in question are already guzzling 64 oz beverages just to get where they were.  So a last minute +2 makes it really hard. 

1 minute ago, WrasslinCoach said:

Small oversight, but Region 7 (311.5) is ranked above Region 2 (324.5) thank you for what you do man. 

Good catch. I was working too quickly and forgot to resort that. 

3 hours ago, Jim Henderson said:

What happen to garcia at 126 he is no longer on the bracket 

Good catch. He was originally in bout 53. He must be out, seeing they bumped up everyone and threw in their alternate from the region.

4 hours ago, Jim Henderson said:

What happen to garcia at 126 he is no longer on the bracket 

He took a nasty slam in the region finals. I thought he wasn’t going to continue but ended up finishing the match. I wonder if it’s related to that

1 hour ago, FalconWrestling said:

He took a nasty slam in the region finals. I thought he wasn’t going to continue but ended up finishing the match. I wonder if it’s related to that

Yea he said he’s out due to a concussion

3 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Anyone know why Strutman was scratched as top seed at 220 from Region 3? They’ve done a roll up.

Torn labrum is what I was told.

6 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Anyone know why Strutman was scratched as top seed at 220 from Region 3? They’ve done a roll up.

Torn labrum is correct been hurt since Jan. Good luck to everyone this weekend