Sign in to follow this  
take em to the mat

bellermine wrestling

yes starting next year they will be transitioning into D1 and wrestle in the ASUN conference. They do not host any camps and don’t believe they will this summer either and Coach Adams mostly recruits ohio wrestlers, but he does try to recruit some top Kentucky kids, especially if they’re a smart, hard working kid.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, gseaknee said:

yes starting next year they will be transitioning into D1 and wrestle in the ASUN conference. They do not host any camps and don’t believe they will this summer either and Coach Adams mostly recruits ohio wrestlers, but he does try to recruit some top Kentucky kids, especially if they’re smart.

Wrestling opens doors. BUT if can’t walk through the door due to grades ,  you aren’t a viable athlete. JMO. Work hard in school. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gseaknee said:

yes starting next year they will be transitioning into D1 and wrestle in the ASUN conference. They do not host any camps and don’t believe they will this summer either and Coach Adams mostly recruits ohio wrestlers, but he does try to recruit some top Kentucky kids, especially if they’re a smart, hard working kid.

Hopefully, He recruits all smart and hard working young men. Good luck to the Knights.

Seems crazy to me to jump straight into D1. Shouldn't they start smaller and build up?  Wrestling isn't even listed as a sport on the ASUN webpage. Crazy. 

7 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Seems crazy to me to jump straight into D1. Shouldn't they start smaller and build up?  Wrestling isn't even listed as a sport on the ASUN webpage. Crazy. 

There is a transition period, so its not necessarily jumping straight in. From what I understand,  the whole school is moving to division 1, so that's why wrestling is. There will definitely be a learning curve, but awesome to have a D-1 program in Kentucky.  

5 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

I read up on it a little. It's a 3-4 year period. I'm not seeing anything about wrestling. 

Coach Adams spoke at the clinic about it. Yes, theres a 4 year transition period and if I remember correctly,  they cant compete in post season during transition.