1982Wrestler

Middle School State MOW in your opinion????

1 hour ago, 1982Wrestler said:

Since a real vote wasn’t taken.....

Tough one because Rider,Virzi,Kiser,Lampe,the Ramey bros, and Jenkins Were on a different level ,but I gotta give it to Hunter because a sub 3 minute state run with all pins is well deserving !! 

My vote is for Kiser. Three pins and a TF to win. The kid was phenomenal all year. In addition to this he is an amazing polite and humble young man off the mat.  

• Upvote 1

Hunter Jenkins, hands down. All those kids listed were dominant plus the hwt kid that was unseeded and pinned through and McCort.

10 hours ago, Checkmate said:

Tough one because Rider,Virzi,Kiser,Lampe,the Ramey bros, and Jenkins Were on a different level ,but I gotta give it to Hunter because a sub 3 minute state run with all pins is well deserving !! 

The kid Hunter beat in the finals is ranked #6 at 106 in high school, so it's not like he didn't beat any chumps. 

On 2/4/2020 at 8:02 AM, GooglyMoogly said:

A real vote wasn't taken?

It was just one guy saying, "let's give it to Logan".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, DrBaker said:

I did. I was standing there and have seen the video. 

"Who should be MOW?" - P.A. guy
"So, I, I would say Logan cause we've got (can't understand the rest of the dialogue in the video)." - Board member

That was the vote. 

15 hours ago, bestmistake33 said:

I think we have 363 days to hear it and get it right for next year.  Please do share!

Edited to correct the facts.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

"Who should be MOW?" - P.A. guy
"So, I, I would say Logan cause we've got (can't understand the rest of the dialogue in the video)." - JC Rep handing out awards

That was the vote. 

So I was the PA guy and what you heard was me casting my vote and Damien Leavelll, the board president, was handing out awards and he is not JC he is Christian County. So now a little background on something that I did not agree on, someone decided that the Board would vote for the MOW so when the board voted I believe 4 or 5 of the 6 voted for Logan Castle. As I was trying to expedite getting medals handed out when we got toward the end I inquired about the MOW. So, I'm not sure if this was put out in the coaches meeting that morning and if it wasn't that was wrong also, but if it was done the traditional way we have always done it I would of still voted for Logan Castle.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jnv858 said:

So I was the PA guy and what you heard was me casting my vote and Damien Leavelll, the board president, was handing out awards and he is not JC he is Christian County. So now a little background on something that I did not agree on, someone decided that the Board would vote for the MOW so when the board voted I believe 4 or 5 of the 6 voted for Logan Castle. As I was trying to expedite getting medals handed out when we got toward the end I inquired about the MOW. So, I'm not sure if this was put out in the coaches meeting that morning and if it wasn't that was wrong also, but if it was done the traditional way we have always done it I would of still voted for Logan Castle.

I stand corrected. I never finished watching the whole video and you could see Leavell handing out the award. All I saw was the one guy saying Logan, who was very much deserving. He must've been on the board and was casting his vote. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I stand corrected. I never finished watching the whole video and you could see Leavell handing out the award. All I saw was the one guy saying Logan, who was very much deserving. He must've been on the board and was casting his vote. 

Well shoot, there goes another one of your Johnson County conspiracy theories down the drain. You were wanting something to get stirred up about Johnson County so bad that you didn’t even watch the entire video, nor did you have all the facts, but yet you still put your spin on it hoping it would draw attention. I bet  you’re also a big Adam Schiff fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, The Deputy said:

Well shoot, there goes another one of your Johnson County conspiracy theories down the drain. You were wanting something to get stirred up about Johnson County so bad that you didn’t even watch the entire video, nor did you have all the facts, but yet you still put your spin on it hoping it would draw attention. I bet  you’re also a big Adam Schiff fan.

Glad to know I live in your head rent free. You must be a joy to be around. Look forward to running into you at state next weekend. 

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Glad to know I live in your head rent free. You must be a joy to be around. Look forward to running into you at state next weekend. 

Trust me you’re not in my head at all. I just replied to what you posted earlier. What did I say that wasn’t correct? I’ll be at the State Tournament Shifty Schiff if you want to meet up. I’ll even buy you lunch.

• Upvote 1

I was myself standing right on the floor during this discussion as there were 3 board members within 10ft of me taking care of awards 4th board member on PA 5th board member walked up above as discussion was on MOW votes from board members.  When the 3 on the floor were asked they gave who they thought, along with the other 2 which I clearly heard.  Logan was the majority so he was the winner of the MOW by vote case closed pretty simple discussion if you ask me.  The change from past years was that many coaches leave and cast a vote for a wrestler they "think" should get the award.  If you are not staying the entire event you may miss valuable matches that could change your vote (if you are truly voting on the actual event day performance and not being a follower of who is expected).  The State MOW is about that event, that day, and the performance of the entire day not just a few matches or other events through the season they have their own MOW's at those events.  JMO but I do think it's more valid than just going with the flow

That is he $100,000 question.  What is or who is the Most Outstanding Wrestler?

I believe it can be viewed in 2 and sometimes 3 ways. 

1.  The best performance that day at the state tournament.  This would be determined by a tough weight class (which is luck of the draw), how they performed in each "tough" match and how dominant they were in the wt. class. 

2.  The best wrestler in the tournament.  This would be determined regardless of the toughness of the wt. class.  I have seen many times where a wt. class is vacated because of one or two really dominant wrestlers.  This gives the winner a disadvantage in the first scenario.  However this is usually predetermined because of the dominance throughout the year or years. 

3. (One that I don't like personally) The wrestler that upsets a superior wrestler. Usually happened because of one big move.  

Which is correct I really don't know.  

I personally lean towards the 2nd.  It rewards the most dominant wrestler in the state on completing a great year long or career run and not just on one event.  The only way I would go to the 1st is if the 2nd 3rd or 4th best wrestler in the state (in my opinion) has an outstanding state tournament and out dose the other top wrestlers that day.  I usually have my eye on about 5 wrestlers that day and then make my decision.  

The only way I would use number 3 is if that kid dominates at least two great wrestlers that day, and when I mean dominate he doesn't catch one or both on a single move in the match and win only because of that one move. 

But as usual these are the opinions of GOO nothing more nothing less you can take them or leave them it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.    GOO OUT. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

That is he $100,000 question.  What is or who is the Most Outstanding Wrestler?

I believe it can be viewed in 2 and sometimes 3 ways. 

1.  The best performance that day at the state tournament.  This would be determined by a tough weight class (which is luck of the draw), how they performed in each "tough" match and how dominant they were in the wt. class. 

2.  The best wrestler in the tournament.  This would be determined regardless of the toughness of the wt. class.  I have seen many times where a wt. class is vacated because of one or two really dominant wrestlers.  This gives the winner a disadvantage in the first scenario.  However this is usually predetermined because of the dominance throughout the year or years. 

3. (One that I don't like personally) The wrestler that upsets a superior wrestler. Usually happened because of one big move.  

Which is correct I really don't know.  

I personally lean towards the 2nd.  It rewards the most dominant wrestler in the state on completing a great year long or career run and not just on one event.  The only way I would go to the 1st is if the 2nd 3rd or 4th best wrestler in the state (in my opinion) has an outstanding state tournament and out dose the other top wrestlers that day.  I usually have my eye on about 5 wrestlers that day and then make my decision.  

The only way I would use number 3 is if that kid dominates at least two great wrestlers that day, and when I mean dominate he doesn't catch one or both on a single move in the match and win only because of that one move. 

But as usual these are the opinions of GOO nothing more nothing less you can take them or leave them it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.    GOO OUT. :ph34r:

Well said......so who’s your vote??