Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

Girls state

Huge props to Scotty Teater for running a great event!!!!

Thank you Shirley for bringing UC's team to help run things! it ran very well!! 

Congrats to Central for winning the state title! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Nice jump in numbers from year 1 to year 2. Hopefully it keeps going and we can press the state to sanction girls wrestling. That should be the obvious goal in taking the next step. 

Once again I saw a lot of good wrestling and I need to give a shout out to my daughter Savannna Bacon, a senior,  as that was possibly her last match as a high school wrestler. She had what I think was one of the bigger brackets with 19 girls, though I think one dropped out so maybe 18. She wrestled 4 matches, all first period pins and was on the mat a total of 3 minutes and 23 seconds and had no points scored against her! She was a buzzsaw! Yes, this dad is bragging, sorry it's my last chance.. haha!

Wrestling with the Union County boys the past two seasons definitely paid off so thanks to everyone at home and thank you to everyone who put this state tournament on for our girls and thank you to all the girls that wrestled this past weekend for stepping out there and battling in what is one of the toughest sports for an athlete. Congratulations to all the champs! Looking forward to watching girls wrestling grow. It has to because I still have two more girls coming up ;) 

• Like 5