DrBaker

Regional rankings ?

30 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Girls. That’s what we really need someone working on. 

At this time it would be hard to rank girls. The end of year tournament is the only way to go for them right now. There are so many negatives. Coaches not buying in, not enough in state support, people doing there own thing.

However,  there are a lot of positives. Kentucky has hammers in the ladies rankings. Ryle, Woodford,  CWA, Anderson,  Cooper, Simon Kenton, Harrison, Central, Moore, and several others that have girls that consistently represent well. These ladies should be the reason we embrace and support in state growth. 

Without supporting in state efforts,  Kentucky will be left behind. 

Thanks to all that support and help grow our girls in state. When you go to that tournament that only has 20 wrestlers registered and "boom" the day of, 40 show up. The next year people remember and "boom" 60 show up. That's how it goes. 

Harrison has 32 girls registered. That is incredible. I’ve looked at some results and it’s gotta be really hard to do, but not impossible. How is it gonna be seeded? That’s the same as ranking top 6. 

Missouri opened up Ladies Wrestling last year for an actual state tourney. Did a couple surveys the year before to find interest. Allowed the ladies to compete against the boys and on their own. They have now established over a hundred teams with ladies wrestling. Each year they wait until weight certification to group them as best they can. It has been a wonderful sight to see. They have flourished this year and things continue to look better. Missoouri holds one of the largest high school ladies tourneys in the country called the Wonder Woman in Columbia Missouri. If any ladies can get there next year it is a great opportunity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Girls. That’s what we really need someone working on. 

Would love too... hard to find results. Until it’s put into track consistently it’s a guessing game. 

I planned to do them this year. Coaches need to put the results in and post brackets. 

38 minutes ago, halfhalfhalf said:

Would love too... hard to find results. Until it’s put into track consistently it’s a guessing game. 

I planned to do them this year. Coaches need to put the results in and post brackets. 

I’ve looked at doing them as well but it’s hard without the results like you said.

4 hours ago, wrastler_ said:

I actually have a rough draft. But I don’t have results so I’m afraid to post.

You afraid you’ll be fired? :) All it would do is spur discussion and maybe encourage results sharing. Post away!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, halfhalfhalf said:

I'm sure between the two of us we could make it happen, and add a few other regional coaches around the state to help out.  Doesn't have to be too in depth just something to get the chatter going.  

10 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Harrison has 32 girls registered. That is incredible. I’ve looked at some results and it’s gotta be really hard to do, but not impossible. How is it gonna be seeded? That’s the same as ranking top 6. 

It is tough to get the girls movement going, but once it starts it is awesome.  I have thoroughly enjoyed coaching the ladies the past two years.  I also had two sisters who had been with me for the past 4-5 years that helped out a lot (Johanna/Jessica Torres) kind of like the Messerly ladies from Ryle.  

It's fairly tough to start up girls rankings from scratch especially since a lot of brackets have more less been haphazardly jotted down on paper and weight classes are getting combined, at least in Louisville.

I've had privately made up rankings fro region 3 and region 4 but they're for my use only haha. I feel it would be biased if I was to post them like I did with Region 1 for so many years. Even before I started posting them I had been doing them internally since about 2009, halfhalfhalf can attest to that

54 minutes ago, FalconWrestling said:

It's fairly tough to start up girls rankings from scratch especially since a lot of brackets have more less been haphazardly jotted down on paper and weight classes are getting combined, at least in Louisville.

I've had privately made up rankings fro region 3 and region 4 but they're for my use only haha. I feel it would be biased if I was to post them like I did with Region 1 for so many years. Even before I started posting them I had been doing them internally since about 2009, halfhalfhalf can attest to that

Good starting point will be removing the seniors from this year's state tournament and ranking the returning female wrestlers.  

4 hours ago, CUTiger184 said:

I'm sure between the two of us we could make it happen, and add a few other regional coaches around the state to help out.  Doesn't have to be too in depth just something to get the chatter going.  

agreed! Let's talk Saturday morning about it. At least we can go into the season next yr with a plan