Sign in to follow this  
JGriffith115

MS State seeding.

How is it that a 1 and 2 from same region make it to same side of a bracket and will hit each other 2nd round if they both win.  1 should have been top 2 bottom vise versa.  At 86 Isaac Johns Carr and James Morris JC were in the finals at region 4 together.  Shouldn't be on same side of bracket.  Not a coach of either just confusing.

• Upvote 1

And that's where you are wrong, I have sat for two days plugging names manually into Track, nothing was random. I was provided a formula and that's what I used, it appears I made a mistake on one but now it is fixed. If you find something you have a question about feel free to message me.

• Upvote 1

Ok, let’s use the 86 pound bracket and the kids from region 4. The 2 kids who placed 2nd and 3rd in that weight class, wrestle in the 1st round and the kid who got 4th place in regions, has a bye. There are 12 byes in the first round. That’s enough for each kid that was in the finals in their region to receive a bye first round

7 minutes ago, jnv858 said:

And that's where you are wrong, I have sat for two days plugging names manually into Track, nothing was random. I was provided a formula and that's what I used, it appears I made a mistake on one but now it is fixed. If you find something you have a question about feel free to message me.

And thank you for actually taking the time to try and get things right

3 minutes ago, Jegators22 said:

Ok, let’s use the 86 pound bracket and the kids from region 4. The 2 kids who placed 2nd and 3rd in that weight class, wrestle in the 1st round and the kid who got 4th place in regions, has a bye. There are 12 byes in the first round. That’s enough for each kid that was in the finals in their region to receive a bye first round

Look who the 4th place kids get a bye straight to, its the Regional Champs. Ill post the schematic shortly so you can see what was used and maybe that will help understand with a visual.

See attached, this is the format that was used. I also put the formula that separates regional placers. You will see a chart with seed #'s going across the top, so you would simply insert the region # in place of the letter in the columns, example if Region 1 got the #1 seed then you would place 1 in place of A to figure where the regional placers fall into the bracket.

2019-2020 MS State Bracket.xlsx

2 hours ago, jnv858 said:

See attached, this is the format that was used. I also put the formula that separates regional placers. You will see a chart with seed #'s going across the top, so you would simply insert the region # in place of the letter in the columns, example if Region 1 got the #1 seed then you would place 1 in place of A to figure where the regional placers fall into the bracket.

2019-2020 MS State Bracket.xlsx

I like that you have a system in which to place kids. But it looks as if the #5 seed will not face a kid that placed 4th in his or her region. If that is the way you have the other seeds, I would only think it would be fair for everyone if the #5 seed faced a 4th place region placer in the second round as well

On 1/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, JGriffith115 said:

How is it that a 1 and 2 from same region make it to same side of a bracket and will hit each other 2nd round if they both win.  1 should have been top 2 bottom vise versa.  At 86 Isaac Johns Carr and James Morris JC were in the finals at region 4 together.  Shouldn't be on same side of bracket.  Not a coach of either just confusing.

They must have changed them because when the brackets first came out then two was not on the same side of the bracket. Johns an Morris that is