coachteater

Large School State Dual Pools

2 hours ago, FalconWrestling said:

It’s highly within the realm of possibility that there is an error or two on trackwrestling because otherwise that match and others suggest more than one time wrestling ineligible wrestlers.

I would give the benefit of the doubt but I have seen cases of teams wrestling kids at ineligible weights this year

2 hours ago, CUTiger184 said:

As we all know Union is in a league of their own.  I know there were several tight duals in the small school bracket duals, I heard lots of hooping and hollering coming from both ends of the HWC.  It was a great day of wrestling.  

Desales vs Wayne was decided by 2 pts and came down to the last match. 42-40 

Desales vs Harrison- 46-36 

WV vs Wayne- pretty close, we were wrestling while this one was going on.  

WV vs Larue was a tight one, very entertaining. 

Big School

I saw JC vs SK it was tight for a while until JC hit their studs from 120-152.  

Any other good duals for the big school side that I didnt get to see? 

The JC/SK match was tight. We wrestled 2 matches in the time it took for it to get done

2 hours ago, FalconWrestling said:

It’s highly within the realm of possibility that there is an error or two on trackwrestling because otherwise that match and others suggest more than one time wrestling ineligible wrestlers.

I would give the benefit of the doubt but I have seen cases of teams wrestling kids at ineligible weights this year

Not sure how someone can screw this up more than once.... 

I get it if we didnt have weigh in sheets and it was the old days... But cmon seriously??? Every coach in the tournament gets a weigh in sheet copy.  It is a simple rule. 1 weight bump. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 9:02 AM, bestmistake33 said:

I stand corrected.  You’re right.  Looks like against Trinity he did wrestle 113 and won by minor decision.   That should have been a default at 113 and a 9 point swing.  It doesn’t appear it would have changed final outcome but worth noting.  Seems shady to me.  

Lawson wrestled 120 against Trinity. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, VisionQuest said:

This match has been fixed in trackwrestling. It was verified that that match took place at 120.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Ryle and JC came down to the last match. If Trinity had a healthy Beane, they would have made that dual come down to the last match. Ryle and Christian County came down to the wire as well.

No it wouldn’t. Johnson Central was without their 195 starter Levid Rodriguez. With both wrestlers healthy Johnson Central still wins the dual. Nice try though. 

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, CoachC said:

This match has been fixed in trackwrestling. It was verified that that match took place at 120.

Well there goes all the conspiracy theories. Thanks for clearing this up Coach. 

19 hours ago, thegreatgatsby said:

They wrestled the week before and it wasn’t close. They didn’t wrestle yesterday. 

You mean Union County didn’t get to wrestle the large school champ? Wow imagine the uproar that’s getting ready to happen on here. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, The Deputy said:

You mean Union County didn’t get to wrestle the large school champ? Wow imagine the uproar that’s getting ready to happen on here. 

Was told that JC was going to decline a challenge if they won, and if Ryle won there was going to be no challenge due to both Ryle and Union wrestling the weekend prior in a dual with Union winning fairly convincingly. 

5 hours ago, VisionQuest said:

Good to hear.  Sorry if it stirred controversy I only had track to go off of.  Wish I could have been there - sounds like there was some great duals on the big school side.  Good luck to all in Feb!

5 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Was told that JC was going to decline a challenge if they won, and if Ryle won there was going to be no challenge due to both Ryle and Union wrestling the weekend prior in a dual with Union winning fairly convincingly. 

Just my 2 cents. Nothing changes. Ryle and Union County wrestling a second weekend in a row, to prove that Union County is on another level than any other school in Kentucky, would be a waste of good travel time for Union County to get back to Irvin country!! There is way too much respect between the coaching staffs, teams and families to get into a debate about this one. The only benefit we all would have gotten out of the dual is another match up between Irvin and Duke, Eckman and Sander. Union County is the best program in the state large and small schools combined period. Best of luck to all in the weeks leading up to state!! Stay healthy!!!

• Like 1

How about Johnson Central MS defeating Union County 48-32 for the State Dual Championship  Put that group with the almost all freshman /Sophmore group that Johnson Central wrestled in the State Duals should make for an interesting 2021 State Duals 

• Like 1

You are right it will make a Great match up with Ryle and there Fresh/Soph class with a few 7th- 8th graders coming up.... Can’t wait till next years State Duals....  Throw in the CC’s and SK gonna be awesome, who knows maybe one of these days we’ll be able to challenge Union !!

Didn’t Woodford lose by single digits to Ryle on Saturday without Yost?   Seems like they’re coming in under the radar going into regions and state.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LCalum said:

Didn’t Woodford lose by single digits to Ryle on Saturday without Yost?   Seems like they’re coming in under the radar going into regions and state.   

Woodford always shows out for duals.