coachteater

Large School State Dual Pools

5 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Christian is a 3 seed because of 3 jv dual losses? 

Imo their in good spot as a 3. To me, the ryle, woodford, mad cent pool is dangerous.  We shall see tomorrow 

Left early but been following on track. Ryle wins the big school division. First time since the split from my area of the state with what I've seen.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bestmistake33 said:

Track shows that Johnson Central gave a forfeit at 120 to Cole Thomas and Ryle won by 3 overall.  Why not wrestle at 120?  

It’s better than them scoring 43 points guaranteeing a victory and forfeiting out the rest of the weight classes. 

• Upvote 1

Dalton Lawson for Johnson Central wrestled at 3 different weight classes today. (113,120, and 126). Am I misinformed that you are only allowed to bump up 1 weight class and wrestle?

44 minutes ago, Jegators22 said:

Dalton Lawson for Johnson Central wrestled at 3 different weight classes today. (113,120, and 126). Am I misinformed that you are only allowed to bump up 1 weight class and wrestle?

The one against Trinity was a mistake. They mixed up 113 and 120. 

Good call out.  According to track he wrestled 126 against Ryle and lost by minor decision.  Once checked in, he should have been deemed ineligible and the default should have gone to Ryle.  I bet that place was rocking for the final!!

Looking at the weigh in sheets, Lawson weighed in at 116 but his decent plan (116.14) wouldn't actually allow him to wrestle 116 on the day. If that is correct, he was eligible for 126. Now if he wrestled 116(115) then that's the issue. Correct me if I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, TWO!!! said:

Looking at the weigh in sheets, Lawson weighed in at 116 but his decent plan (116.14) wouldn't actually allow him to wrestle 116 on the day. If that is correct, he was eligible for 126. Now if he wrestled 116(115) then that's the issue. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That makes the most sense. 

I stand corrected.  You’re right.  Looks like against Trinity he did wrestle 113 and won by minor decision.   That should have been a default at 113 and a 9 point swing.  It doesn’t appear it would have changed final outcome but worth noting.  Seems shady to me.  

Ran into this earlier in season. Due to extra pound allowed if you weigh under 116 but not scratch of 115 then by the rule you can wrestle 120 & 126 if decent plan allows you can Wrestle 113 & 120. You can't pick 113 & 126.

9 hours ago, bluegrassbrawler said:

How did the Ryle vs Union match up go?

The Saturday before state duals, union and ryle squared off.

182 Micah Ervin (Union County) over Noah Duke (Ryle) Dec 3-0 3.0 0
195 Corithian Seales-Portee (Union County) over Jackson Rogers (Ryle) Maj 19-11 4.0 0
220 Darius Moore (Union County) over Gabe Savage (Ryle) Dec 6-1 3.0 0
285 Tayshaun Marshall (Ryle) over Davis Pike (Union County) Dec 5-1 0 3.0
106 Olivia Messerly (Ryle) over Unknown (Unattached) Forf 0 6.0
113 Trayce Eckman (Union County) over Joey Sander (Ryle) Dec 4-2 3.0 0
120 Cole Thomas (Ryle) over Savanna Bacon (Union County) Fall 0:40 0 6.0
126 Matthew Moore (Union County) over Jameson Smith (Ryle) Fall 5:23 6.0 0
132 Gabe Adams (Union County) over Colin Ross (Ryle) TF 20-5 5.0 0
138 Jake Insko (Union County) over Rusty Craddock (Ryle) Maj 15-1 4.0 0
145 Trevor Pogue (Union County) over Austin Peace (Ryle) Fall 5:05 6.0 0
152 Payne Carr (Union County) over Carter Messerly (Ryle) TF 19-4 5.0 0
160 Dalton Russelburg (Union County) over Dylan Logan (Ryle) Fall 2:12 6.0 0
170 Stephen Little (Union County) over Trey Fleek (Ryle) Maj 19-5 4.0 0
Dual Meet Score 49.0 15.0

21 hours ago, VisionQuest said:

I think Lawson beat Hedges of Trinity at 120,  he never wrestled 113 at state duals. I followed on Track so not 100 percent sure.

It’s highly within the realm of possibility that there is an error or two on trackwrestling because otherwise that match and others suggest more than one time wrestling ineligible wrestlers.

I would give the benefit of the doubt but I have seen cases of teams wrestling kids at ineligible weights this year

As we all know Union is in a league of their own.  I know there were several tight duals in the small school bracket duals, I heard lots of hooping and hollering coming from both ends of the HWC.  It was a great day of wrestling.  

Desales vs Wayne was decided by 2 pts and came down to the last match. 42-40 

Desales vs Harrison- 46-36 

WV vs Wayne- pretty close, we were wrestling while this one was going on.  

WV vs Larue was a tight one, very entertaining. 

Big School

I saw JC vs SK it was tight for a while until JC hit their studs from 120-152.  

Any other good duals for the big school side that I didnt get to see? 

31 minutes ago, CUTiger184 said:

As we all know Union is in a league of their own.  I know there were several tight duals in the small school bracket duals, I heard lots of hooping and hollering coming from both ends of the HWC.  It was a great day of wrestling.  

Desales vs Wayne was decided by 2 pts and came down to the last match. 42-40 

Desales vs Harrison- 46-36 

WV vs Wayne- pretty close, we were wrestling while this one was going on.  

WV vs Larue was a tight one, very entertaining. 

Big School

I saw JC vs SK it was tight for a while until JC hit their studs from 120-152.  

Any other good duals for the big school side that I didnt get to see? 

Ryle and JC came down to the last match. If Trinity had a healthy Beane, they would have made that dual come down to the last match. Ryle and Christian County came down to the wire as well.