Sign in to follow this  
thomam

2020 JV State Team Entries so far

Coaches,
So far the following teams have wrestlers entered.

• Please get on trackwrestling and check your roster for the tournament. 
  • Alternates have already been rolled in and more will continue to roll in as I receive scratches. 
  • Please let me know if your team or any specific wrestlers will not be wrestling so I can get wrestlers from other teams in. IF YOUR TEAM NO CALL, NO SHOWS THEY WILL NOT BE INVITED BACK NEXT YEAR.
  • We are also waiting on region 5 to finish their region and their wrestlers will be entered as well.

Atherton
Boyd County
Bryan Station
Central
Central Hardin
Christian County
Conner
Covington Catholic
Desales
Dixie Heights
Doss
Fairdale
Fern Creek
Fort Knox
Green County
Harrison County
Henderson County
Holmes
Iroquois
Knox Central
Larue County
Male
Meade County
Moore
North Hardin
Paducah Tilghman
PRP
Prestonsburg
Ryle
Scott High School
Southern
St. X
Tates Creek
Taylor County
Trinity
Union County
Valley
Walton Verona
West Carter

To view current wrestlers in the tournament go to www.trackwrestling.com > Events > Search > 2020 Kentucky JV State

Click on Teams or Wrestlers to see who is in so far. This won't be final until Thursday or Friday. Some teams will scratch wrestlers and alternates will be added.

So I notice a team from West KY that has submitted half of their varsity lineup into the JV state tournament. What were the rules for eligibility? I figured if you wrestled varsity all year, you shouldn't be eligible for JV state. 

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

So I notice a team from West KY that has submitted half of their varsity lineup into the JV state tournament. What were the rules for eligibility? I figured if you wrestled varsity all year, you shouldn't be eligible for JV state. 

As long as they weren't a previous year KHSAA state qualifier they are allowed to wrestle.  

• Like 2

Unfortunately participation is so low on some teams that everyone is on the varsity roster regardless of experience. I think its great that they get to wrestle and hopefully win some matches. It's discouraging when you're constantly getting pounded by experienced wrestlers. 

I noticed a team from Western Kentucky has wrestlers in the tournament and did not bother to compete in the Region tournament. I guess the rules only apply to some not all. js

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, naplesme said:

I noticed a team from Western Kentucky has wrestlers in the tournament and did not bother to compete in the Region tournament. I guess the rules only apply to some not all. js

How did they get in if they didn't compete in region? Did that region not have 2 qualifiers that did compete and win in those weight classes?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bearcat said:

How did they get in if they didn't compete in region? Did that region not have 2 qualifiers that did compete and win in those weight classes?

Looks like only 3 teams from region 1 even want to send anyone. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

Looks like only 3 teams from region 1 even want to send anyone. 

We would go if I was allowed to go due to Overnight trips. Kinda got axed when we started the girls team. 

57 minutes ago, halfhalfhalf said:

We would go if I was allowed to go due to Overnight trips. Kinda got axed when we started the girls team. 

How was it that out of state teams participated in the JV state qualifier? 

4 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

How was it that out of state teams participated in the JV state qualifier? 

Out of state teams have always been welcome to come. There placements are taken out and our region has been placed into it. It’s been this way since Christian co and fort Campbell have hosted. It’s been this way since I can remember. Also went back to look at it too. Always have had holes in the qualifiers and 99.9% of the kids who want to get into jv state have. Always had every team get folks in every yr to jv state and get kids matches. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Looks like Harrison County was the only team in their region they have 18 wrestlers entered. 

We had a qualifier with 4 other teams.  I entered quite a few kids in the qualifier, and 18 either took 1,2,3.