Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

Small school state dual pools

How are these teams seeded? I'm assuming the highlighted teams are. This'll be my first time in attendance tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

27 minutes ago, Eugor91 said:

How are these teams seeded? I'm assuming the highlighted teams are. This'll be my first time in attendance tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

1. Union

2. Larue

3. Walton verona 

4. Wayne

5. Desales

6. Martin co

Only seed the 6 number 1s, the rest are drawn in

9 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Can any team hang with union?

Penn state. Lol.

Great team with great coaches and kids. Hard to see any team getting close. And I add its not a knock on the rest of the field,  there are teams that normally could win state duals, but Union is next level

2 hours ago, Jim Henderson said:

Possible 1 vs 2 matchup if larue can make it to the finals against union co. Ervin vs Shelton 

It’ll be Matthias first tournament since the Ironman when he got injured in the 3rd place match. 

On 1/26/2020 at 4:28 AM, Jim Henderson said:

Any matches stand out today

Not necessarily matches but there were several good duals on the day in the small school side:

Wayne vs Desales 42-40 

Harrison vs Desales 46-36

WV vs Larue 

Union dominated the field. They are well coached and will be hard to even come close to at state.  

Union has been winning this event convincingly over the past several years. I'm curious to see what their B team would bring to the duals.

2 hours ago, Eugor91 said:

Union has been winning this event convincingly over the past several years. I'm curious to see what their B team would bring to the duals.

We have a few solid wrestlers that can hold their own , but not the numbers to put together a full team. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Perfect said:

Track is reporting a Tucker/Ervin match that Ervin won 3-2.  I would love to have seen video of that.

0-0 after first period. Tucker chooses bottom and gets an escape. Matthias gets called for a penalty point, grabbing the singlet apparently according to the acting official. The secondary official saw it and told the head ref. So 2-0 going into the third period. Matthias gets and escape, 2-1 Tucker. Matthias gets a takedown and rides out for the win 3-2. Good match. Both looked exhausted. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

0-0 after first period. Tucker chooses bottom and gets an escape. Matthias gets called for a penalty point, grabbing the singlet apparently according to the acting official. The secondary official saw it and told the head ref. So 2-0 going into the third period. Matthias gets and escape, 2-1 Tucker. Matthias gets a takedown and rides out for the win 3-2. Good match. Both looked exhausted. 

Sounds awesome. What does Matthias actually weigh in at?