DrBaker

State Duals 2020

It's gonna come down to matchups and bonus points.  Paducah and Johnson Central have heavier weights. Union and Oldham have the lighter weights. River city, Ryle, and Carr have good kids all over. 

state duals will come down to river city and johnson central.  i can see union hanging in there, but they are not good enough up top to get it done vs. johnson.  they would need pins down low to have a shot.  carr has several holes up top.   ultimately, i think johnson takes it no matter what.  their littles are tough enough to not get pinned and once you get to the middle of the lineup, they will be very tough.  river city has the best shot, but i don't see their upper weights being good enough to close it out.  i have yet to see ryle other than their strength down low in late rounds of an individual tournament.  

Jc had 12 finalists and 7 champs at regionals . Thats dominant. River City had 9 finalists and 6 champs. Looks like they will be the 1 and 2 seeds. 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:08 PM, flum24 said:

i can see union hanging in there, but they are not good enough up top to get it done vs. johnson. 

Johnson has two holes in their lineup which is 12 points.I see Thomas getting a pin against Scott.Raney at 86 with a pin.Thats 24.Jenkins with a tech fall.Upper classes should be pretty close.Bacon could go either way.Sharp has been solid.I dont know lets see

4 hours ago, Brad thomas said:

How come only 7 teams coming?

Too far away from everything. On a Sunday. Only guaranteed two duals. Those would be the top 3 reasons in my opinion.

• Downvote 1

There were so many excellent kids. Ky wrestling is in good hands. Johnson Central is getting those big kids out. The wrestling team is getting better and better and that football team will only be more dominant. Raney vs Vega was an awesome match. Big things will happen for both of those kids.  

• Upvote 1