Checkmate

Place your bets ! Place your bets !

Thanks for all of the updates this year on the rankings and matchups ,it has been fun 

Now we are ready for your top 20 State Championship rankings and your Finals predictions!

So If you guys can go ahead and have that done in the next hour or at least by lunchtime that would be great !l Lol

How about finals matchups? 

70- Thomas(Union) over Brown (Oldham)

75- Evans (Ryle) over Corbett (Union)

80- Raney (Union) over Vega (Ryle)

86- Raney(Union) over Nance (Ryle)

92- Trumble (Ryle) over Leavell (Christian)

98- Jenkins (Union) over Brown  (Oldham)

105- Rickets (Union)  over Reeves (Taylor)

113- Lampe (River City) over James (Paducah)

121- Strayer (Anderson) over Barragen (McCracken)

130- McCort (JC) over Lee(Paducah)

140-Rider(Paducah ) over Yost(Carr)

152- Castle(JC) over Buchett(Colts)

168- Kiser (Shamrocks) over Mooney(Paducah)

190- Virzi(Paducah) over Duke (Ryle)

HWT- Lemaster(JC) over Taylor (JH)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

They just were. Brackets will be up tonight. Best middle school wrestler in the state is a 5th seed. 

No way Rider is the 5

21 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

They just were. Brackets will be up tonight. Best middle school wrestler in the state is a 5th seed. 

To call a kid that is 15 1/2 a middle school wrestler is a stretch. The rule that allows a kid that age to wrestle in middle school is terrible and needs to be corrected. Most people are sophomores at his age.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alf said:

To call a kid that is 15 1/2 a middle school wrestler is a stretch. The rule that allows a kid that age to wrestle in middle school is terrible and needs to be corrected. Most people are sophomores at his age.

Regardless of his age he is in the 8th grade and eligible to compete.  We should be concentrating on wrestling and not a kids age.  This horse is dead.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

No way Rider is the 5

“High school wins don’t count in middle school”. Not my words. 

5 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Regardless of his age he is in the 8th grade and eligible to compete.  We should be concentrating on wrestling and not a kids age.  This horse is dead.   

Agreed. Just saying the rule should change. Not taking anything away from the kid. He’s great wrestler obviously.

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

“High school wins don’t count in middle school”. Not my words. 

High school losses don’t count either, hard to separate and be unbiased...I’m obviously not involved anymore; just a fan these days.  Good luck to all the kids competing!  

5 minutes ago, sdcecil said:

High school losses don’t count either, hard to separate and be unbiased...I’m obviously not involved anymore; just a fan these days.  Good luck to all the kids competing!  

When you have a win over a high school kid that placed 3rd last year, it should count. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

When you have a win over a high school kid that placed 3rd last year, it should count. 

JT Adams got a poor seed last year, busted the bracket obviously and won it.  Rider should do the same.  I hope he goes injury free and is able to finish the season unlike last year.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, sdcecil said:

JT Adams got a poor seed last year, busted the bracket obviously and won it.  Rider should do the same.  I hope he goes injury free and is able to finish the season unlike last year.  

I don’t remember seeding last year, but I do know Adams was a consensus pick to win it. Rider will do they same. He has wins over Trevor Pogue and Jake Insko. He gave Gabe Adams all he could handle on one foot. He finished 4th at the Southeast Regionals. Not putting him 1st was a disservice to Yost. 

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, VisionQuest said:

Why are brackets not showing on Track this morning?

Printed them off this morning around 0600.

11 hours ago, DrBaker said:

When your old enough to take driving lessons you shouldn’t be wrestling middle school kids anyways.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3