Sign in to follow this  
BeastMode23

Youth

Thanks but how about middle school age group they have the 2 pounds now and if they don’t place in middle school state I’m sure they don’t think they can wrestle all day and drop the 2 pounds over night 

1 hour ago, BeastMode23 said:

Thanks but how about middle school age group they have the 2 pounds now and if they don’t place in middle school state I’m sure they don’t think they can wrestle all day and drop the 2 pounds over night 

The weight classes are different in youth and middle school.  None of the youth events I'm aware of have any allowances, so really the two pound allowance in middle school has no impact on youth.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

The weight classes are different in youth and middle school.  None of the youth events I'm aware of have any allowances, so really the two pound allowance in middle school has no impact on youth.  

Thanks 

I’m pretty sure last year your middle school weigh in counted for the youth tournament the next day if you didn’t place, but you may want to check with your coach 

16 minutes ago, 44 dad said:

I’m pretty sure last year your middle school weigh in counted for the youth tournament the next day if you didn’t place, but you may want to check with your coach 

Yes your right 

51 minutes ago, BeastMode23 said:

What I’m referring to is the ones that are wrestling middle school and if they don’t place then they can wrestle youth state do they get the 2 pound like they have had 

No 2lb allowance.  The weigh in from MS the day before will be used, and they will be placed in whatever weight class that puts them in for the youth tourney.  The youth weight classes are scratch weight, with no allowance.  Again, the weight classes are different, so you're really comparing apples and oranges.  The weight class they wrestle in MS will  be different than what they wrestle in youth, and the allowance is strictly a HS/MS thing.

28 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

No 2lb allowance.  The weigh in from MS the day before will be used, and they will be placed in whatever weight class that puts them in for the youth tourney.  The youth weight classes are scratch weight, with no allowance.  Again, the weight classes are different, so you're really comparing apples and oranges.  The weight class they wrestle in MS will  be different than what they wrestle in youth, and the allowance is strictly a HS/MS thing.

Ok thanks for clearing that up 

7 hours ago, BeastMode23 said:

Ok thanks for clearing that up 

Yes, the last few years the Middle School division of the Youth State Tournament received the 2lb allowance.

• Upvote 1