Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

Separate tabs for middle and youth

Has it ever been talked about to have separate tabs for middle and youth? I think for most, they are completely different tourneys and dates.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How about separate State tournaments as well? At one time the MS and youth State tournaments were going to moved to the 2nd week of March. How about we keep MS state at its current date and move youth Region to the first week of March and make Youth State the 2nd week of March. I'll bet you would see an increase in participation. js.

• Upvote 2

Financially, having youth the day after middle school works because you already have the venue and the setup is already complete. As an organization it’s the best setup you can do to minimize cost. If you want to get technical every middle school team in this state is a youth team since we are not sanctioned through KHSAA. We wrestle under USA wrestling. We’re all club teams that some Middle Schools help fund. Keeping Middle School State and Youth state together saves for many. The parents can combine their trip for one weekend. Most coaches coach both Middle and Youth. Honestly to get a facility to hold youth state in March in Kentucky would be virtually impossible. Remember it’s about 1000 to 1500 wrestlers for youth. And with all the basketball going on in those first couple weeks of March you don’t have a chance finding a big enough Facility. Just my two cents. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, twenhofelcoach said:

Financially, having youth the day after middle school works because you already have the venue and the setup is already complete. As an organization it’s the best setup you can do to minimize cost. If you want to get technical every middle school team in this state is a youth team since we are not sanctioned through KHSAA. We wrestle under USA wrestling. We’re all club teams that some Middle Schools help fund. Keeping Middle School State and Youth state together saves for many. The parents can combine their trip for one weekend. Most coaches coach both Middle and Youth. Honestly to get a facility to hold youth state in March in Kentucky would be virtually impossible. Remember it’s about 1000 to 1500 wrestlers for youth. And with all the basketball going on in those first couple weeks of March you don’t have a chance finding a big enough Facility. Just my two cents. 

Why not just combine youth and MS state? Give the youth that are eligible to wrestle MS the option to wrestle youth or MS. I mean... it’s basically one since it’s not sanctioned, right? Plus isn’t the age limit for youth basically the age of an 8th grader?

9 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Has it ever been talked about to have separate tabs for middle and youth? I think for most, they are completely different tourneys and dates.

How do we go from this to " Let's have youth and middle school state on the same day."

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, HJ7 said:

How do we go from this to " Let's have youth and middle school state on the same day."

That's my thought. I just wanted a separate section in the forums. I see a post of "looking for a tourney this weekend" and I click on it and they are looking for youth, so it doesn't pertain to me. To me, they are completely different. Here, we have completely different schedules and coaches. That was my point. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 12:39 PM, DrBaker said:

That's my thought. I just wanted a separate section in the forums. I see a post of "looking for a tourney this weekend" and I click on it and they are looking for youth, so it doesn't pertain to me. To me, they are completely different. Here, we have completely different schedules and coaches. That was my point. 

Ive actually thought the same thing. I will talk to the powers that be. I also want to add a girls tab to make information easier to access

1 hour ago, coachteater said:

Ive actually thought the same thing. I will talk to the powers that be. I also want to add a girls tab to make information easier to access

Even better idea.