Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

State Duals 2020

10 hours ago, Wkywrestler said:

what in the world does Johnson central not wanting to wrestle union county have to do with football. A Johnson central vs union county football game is a completely different topic. I understand a lot of guys play both sports for JC but still? You may whoop us in wrestling but we can whoop you in football. Okay Covington catholic would probably put 100 Points up on JC in basketball but that has nothing With wrestling. I don’t understand what kind of point you are trying to make, especially since this is a wrestling forum about the state duals

Lol go back to sleep. 

8 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

wkywrestler;  I think the point is that at JC they are football players 1st and wrestlers 2nd.  They put more time in football then wrestling comes 2nd. 

Just looked that up found it under excuses.

• Downvote 1

I don't think it is an excuse its just they would much rather place high in football than be wrestling state champs. 

I respect them for that, its not my choice but so be it. 

1 minute ago, matreturn said:

3 way tie for second place in region 4 and no one can decide on the criteria.

Big or small? What teams? 

Teams from section 4 Big school are 1. Oldham and 2. Woodford. 
Three way tie decided by most 6 point wins on the day. Woodford had 30 and Central Hardin had 28. (Anderson had 29 but was out of the running due to losing team point during CH match). 

Criteria was determined during phone conference with Coach Upchurch (KYWCA President) and agreed upon by the coaches of all 3 teams. 

19 hours ago, Wkywrestler said:

what in the world does Johnson central not wanting to wrestle union county have to do with football. A Johnson central vs union county football game is a completely different topic. I understand a lot of guys play both sports for JC but still? You may whoop us in wrestling but we can whoop you in football. Okay Covington catholic would probably put 100 Points up on JC in basketball but that has nothing With wrestling. I don’t understand what kind of point you are trying to make, especially since this is a wrestling forum about the state duals

Hmmm, heard this sometime in early December. Lol. 

It's looking like it's shaping up to be a battle between Christian and Johnson Central. Both teams are stacked with great kids in almost every weight. I'm sure Ryle, Campbell, Woodford, and Simon Kenton will make some noise. You can't ever count out St X and Madison Central .  

12 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

It's looking like it's shaping up to be a battle between Christian and Johnson Central. Both teams are stacked with great kids in almost every weight. I'm sure Ryle, Campbell, Woodford, and Simon Kenton will make some noise. You can't ever count out St X and Madison Central .  

Campbell won’t be there and not sure Madison Central will be at 100%. 

Madison Central hasn’t been at full strength all season. Just can’t seem to get everyone healthy and on the mat at the same time. Hopefully we have everyone back for the post season. 

1 hour ago, Nike Man said:

Madison Central hasn’t been at full strength all season. Just can’t seem to get everyone healthy and on the mat at the same time. Hopefully we have everyone back for the post season. 

Which Madison Central starter didn’t wrestle on Saturday?

4 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's a lot of wrestling that will have to happen before Christian and Johnson Central meet, if they meet at all. I'm sure Trinity, St. X, Ryle, Woodford, Simon Kenton, etc all, will have something to say about who wins State Duals. Just looking forward to a great day of wrestling.

13 minutes ago, naplesme said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's a lot of wrestling that will have to happen before Christian and Johnson Central meet, if they meet at all. I'm sure Trinity, St. X, Ryle, Woodford, Simon Kenton, etc all, will have something to say about who wins State Duals. Just looking forward to a great day of wrestling.

St. X and Ryle are both gonna be contenders for sure. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

It’s all going to come down to bonus points.  Ryle is young and will be chasing Woodford, St X, Christian, and Johnson. 

Don’t sleep on Simon Kenton.  Also, sounds like you’re downplaying Ryle a little.  Both those teams are stronger than most in their weaker weight classes.   In a dual tourney that’s important.  I think Woodford is much better in individual this year than they are duals.  

Ryle and SK are dark horses that other teams should be worried about.