Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

State Duals 2020

Who has already qualified? I'm guessing in region 1 it's, Big school-  Christian Co and ? Small school - Union and ?

Help me out? To qualify for State Dual you need to come in top 2 at your sectional right? And sectionals weren’t by invite only right? It’s based on how large/small your school is correct? 

so which schools are in which sectionals?

4 minutes ago, matreturn said:

Help me out? To qualify for State Dual you need to come in top 2 at your sectional right? And sectionals weren’t by invite only right? It’s based on how large/small your school is correct? 

so which schools are in which sectionals?

http://thekywca.com

10 minutes ago, wrastler_ said:

Just a curious question why is Frederick Douglass Competing in small 

Being a new school, kids had choice to go there, so attendance was low, less than 1000. So we added them in school to be fair because that was actual size based on numbers we had. 2 year they were still low i heard. Not sure the number this year, but i assume when we realign this year, they will move to big school

21 minutes ago, take em to the mat said:

I think everyone knows how it would end anyway, 

Can't be scared of some good competition. Maybe if JC chose to accept the challenge last year it would've better "prepared them for state" and they would've narrowed the gap on that 80.5 point difference between them and Union.

16 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Can't be scared of some good competition. Maybe if JC chose to accept the challenge last year it would've better "prepared them for state" and they would've narrowed the gap on that 80.5 point difference between them and Union.

That was my point!!!!! The only true failure in a loss is to not learn anything from it!!!

43 minutes ago, BeastMode23 said:

Well congrats to them. Don’t see any JC people on here crying haha

it's not about crying!!!!! It's what could really be good for wrestling in the state of KY. Everyone loves good competition. It would bring excitement. But, your coach does what he feels is the best choice for his kids. He knows his athletes better than anyone. So I see both sides of the coin. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, thegreatgatsby said:

Here’s a question, if everyone wants to see a small school champion versus a large school champion, why have the split at all? Let’s go back to one class with one champion. 

Then you don't understand the split.  The split is so that the small schools can compete with the large schools.  If you did not split the event then even fewer schools would even compete in the small school regionals.  

You don't see the all A classic champion in basketball playing the state champion.  Or for a better example you don't see the 3A football champion playing the 4,5 or 6 A champion in Football.  

It's all about expanding the sport of wrestling, the more kids you have qualifying and having success the more kids who will actually play the sport.  I personally was against the expansion of the state tourney years ago to the 32 man bracket but it worked more kids qualified and more teams appeared in the state and rosters expanded. I was proven wrong. YES I admit it.