Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2019/2020 - Jan 3

35 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jalen Wideman isn’t posting any of this crap. Probably a goofball looking for attention because his name isn’t on the rankings either. I know the coaches at FC wouldn’t put up with any kid running their mouth on here. 

Goofball your username is Nike man

5 hours ago, Jalen_wideman said:

Thanks u too but I John Lowe has been pretty though this year

Hope you wrestle better than you spell. 

3 hours ago, Nike Man said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jalen Wideman isn’t posting any of this crap. Probably a goofball looking for attention because his name isn’t on the rankings either. I know the coaches at FC wouldn’t put up with any kid running their mouth on here. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=grammar+for+dummies&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=1Dk_bU6rYs3GMM%3A%2CyktU3V0vW0WZ_M%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQkb1q66GTXl_AFDIQ-FOCPXAumtw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwip4KWCg_PmAhWTVs0KHX6oAtgQ9QEwAHoECAoQAw#imgrc=1Dk_bU6rYs3GMM: And may need this link????

Was at Father Ryan this previous Weekend

Union & Christian County looking tough! I think if Paducah Tilghman had a full lineup, all 3 teams would have been top 4 in final team scores (Cleveland from TN also tough).

That region & Western Kentucky wrestling is growing, and that increased competition level is great for the state & the sport. 

Can't wait to see where things go from here!  

On 1/4/2020 at 8:13 PM, Ranchy said:

Just a question have been out of the loop but what happened to Bryant Bean?

I'm hearing Beane suffered a knee injury and is out for the season. 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:42 PM, Jalen_wideman said:

you’ll see at state and you really pulled all the stats out smh

Which of these guys should he be AHEAD of:

Thomas Deck

Gabe Adams

Seth Lutes

Gavin Andreoni
Ryan Bellucci

Devon Herron
Jabin Hite
Jarrett Sanders

Jacob Cain
Trevor Villums

Logan Dingus

Mason Polston

Joel Hattchet from Fern Creek is out for the year with a torn ACL. Another update for Fern Creek is a name adjustment, their 160 is Trevon Warren although in track it was misspelled as Travonne Warren. Thank you for all your hard work Ranger!

1 hour ago, djflex said:

Joel Hattchet from Fern Creek is out for the year with a torn ACL. Another update for Fern Creek is a name adjustment, their 160 is Trevon Warren although in track it was misspelled as Travonne Warren. Thank you for all your hard work Ranger!

Dang. Really hate to hear that about Joel. Great kid.
Hearing a few knee issues. Biggest being my man Beane. 

On 1/6/2020 at 10:40 AM, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Johnson Central needs to post their results to track. Ranger can't be in the stands everywhere. Results need posted, not just records stated on this website. Track is the modern day smart phone, old outdated wrestling tournament formats and results are the Motorola DynaTAC

Geez man give it a rest. It’s obvious you don’t like the people at Johnson Central and for the life of me I can’t figure out what they’ve done to you. Are you this big of a jerk in real life or are you just a super tough keyboard warrior on here? You’re acting like a crying liberal at a Trump rally on here in almost every post you make. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/5/2020 at 11:29 PM, canady said:

Adam Williams from Johnson Central should be in the top 5 in 106. 

12-13-2019 Adam Williams Johnson Central Matthew Burke Richlands Fall McDonalds Classic 113 14.4%
12-21-2019 Adam Williams Johnson Central Christopher Johnson John S. Battle Fall Bobby Bates Classic 113 16.6%
12-28-2019 Adam Williams Johnson Central Isaiah Morrison Enka Fall Agie Skeens Memorial Tournament 106 6.1%
01-03-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central Jordan Varney Ravenswood Fall WV Army National Guard Duals 106 2.4%
01-03-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central Nathan Roche Hurricane Hs Fall WV Army National Guard Duals 106 16.4%
01-04-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central Issac Jarvis Clay County Fall WV National Guard Duals 106 3.1%
01-04-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central   Greenbrier West Hs For. WV National Guard Duals 106 0.0%
01-04-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central Jordan Varney Ravenswood Fall WV National Guard Duals 106 2.4%
01-04-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central Nathan Roche Hurricane Hs Fall WV National Guard Duals 106 16.4%
01-04-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central Caden Hicks PikeView Fall WV National Guard Duals 106 2.7%
01-04-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central   Sissonville For. WV National Guard Duals 106 0.0%
01-04-2020 Adam Williams Johnson Central GAGE TRIPLETT Braxton County Hs Fall WV National Guard Duals 106 4.9%

According to track, he is undefeated this year. But that is not all that accurate so far. He lost 2 at the Bobby Bates classic to get 4th. Still, he's having a good season so far it looks like. It'd be good to see some results against other KY kids. Right now, with how 106 has played out, he could be top 8. 

According to Trackwrestling Johnson Central has 5 unbeaten kids:

106 Williams 12-0

120 Lawson 12-0

126 Webb 11-0

145 Goss 11-0

195 Rodriguez 10-0

and 3 with only 1 loss: Cain, Giampolo, and Sexton

Hell of a season so far. 

• Like 1

Why does JC have to post their results?  There is no KHSAA requirement to do so.  

All the results give us is armchair banter, nothing more nothing less.  Really not that important.  It's only important to those who thing the rankings are important and seems to me that coach Matney does not think they are important, and I for one agree with him.  

Personally I like looking at who are the better kids, I don't get tied up with what place they are ranked just that maybe they are one of the better kids in the state. Even then when I see someone beat a "ranked kid" I don't really think it is a big deal, I look at how the kid wrestled and such. 

3 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Why does JC have to post their results?  There is no KHSAA requirement to do so.  

All the results give us is armchair banter, nothing more nothing less.  Really not that important.  It's only important to those who thing the rankings are important and seems to me that coach Matney does not think they are important, and I for one agree with him.  

Personally I like looking at who are the better kids, I don't get tied up with what place they are ranked just that maybe they are one of the better kids in the state. Even then when I see someone beat a "ranked kid" I don't really think it is a big deal, I look at how the kid wrestled and such. 

The thing is, don't all records have to be submitted to track before regionals, so why not keep it updated throughout the year instead of wait all of the way until the very end to submit each individual match for the whole season?

All the events are already entered in Track, they are just not updated on the roster form. 

The coach can see the results of his own team, just not the public.  

At the end of the year all they have to do is press one button to update roster and all are added.  Maybe they don't want to take the time to press the button after each event. 

On 1/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, grappler-of-old said:

All the events are already entered in Track, they are just not updated on the roster form. 

At the end of the year all they have to do is press one button to update roster and all are added.  Maybe they don't want to take the time to press the button after each event. 

Not always, track will only automatically populate trackwrestling tournaments. Non-track tournaments and duals have to be hand entered

In my tenure as a head coach, Track was used throughout the state early on and tournaments would use Track results for rankings during tournaments. SOme coaches would deliberately not put results in or push the button as GOO says, so their kid could get a higher seed. I know that's not the case here because Kentucky does not mandate Track results. Although wouldn't every one be the better for it. It makes seeding meetings go extremely fast because the computer does the calculating for you. This is an age of technology, might as well use it while we can.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Track is a great tool and I like it. But like all tools it has lots of flaws most human. We should all have to use it I agree and like your weight sheet from the previous week the results should also have to be entered and updated before you can get the next weigh-in sheet. This would help with those problems but also it should be watched closely for duplicate results because far to many kids records on track are incorrect when the same match is on there twice or even three times. Also a big difference if one team counts Byes and the other doesn't so even though this is a great tool there is lots of room for us all to improve it even more.  I agree with Rider should be used more by everyone so we can be better. 

• Like 1

Seed meetings should go really fast anyway.  During the season seeding really does not matter.  Coaches need only send in their roster and records and go with it.  It drives me crazy when we go to a tourney and coaches are arguing over seeds.  Especially when its for a 4, 5, or 6.  Separate the best 2 and then go with it. 

The only seeding that really matters is the post season seeds.  Make sure the best kids go to the state tourney. 

On 1/10/2020 at 10:50 AM, grappler-of-old said:

That’s not true. Many many teams/coaches do enter much or any details until the last minute right before the requirement at region. 

The record aspect of this is irrelevant. If the results are there it’s simple enough to calculate a record. 

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

Seed meetings should go really fast anyway.  During the season seeding really does not matter.  Coaches need only send in their roster and records and go with it.  It drives me crazy when we go to a tourney and coaches are arguing over seeds.  Especially when its for a 4, 5, or 6.  Separate the best 2 and then go with it. 

The only seeding that really matters is the post season seeds.  Make sure the best kids go to the state tourney. 

Bad take...when you are competing as a team, which we do at tournaments, seeding is very important.  Records shouldn't be seeding criteria at all.  I fight for the 6 seed all the time. 

Maybe you just haven't had a lot of success in seeding meetings?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, FalconWrestling said:

Credentials should be number one. A 10-5 returning state placer who lost matches out of state should be a higher seed than a 20-3 kid who has only been wrestling the same 8 or so kids

Thank you