Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2019/2020 - Jan 3

Man, the holidays were extremely busy.  LOTS of wrestling and family time.  Good stuff.

There was a ton of action and lots of updates, but honestly there are still a lot of results missing from track.  So while I made a gazillion updates, still a lot more to come in the next week or so.  Most of the weights are filling out with solids wrestlers down the list.  I expect all weights to be at the full 25 by next week.

A few big notes:

- new #1 at 126 with Jeffrey Kinley looking very strong the first half of the season

- Johnson Central and Ryle pushing up the team ladder

- Christian County is looking very strong, but Union is still looking to score in the 270 range

Rankings_19_20_0103.pdf

1 hour ago, Smith53 said:

Branson Smith is staying at 220 this season . I know you have had him listed at 195 this season.

Thank you. Been wondering about him and Jude. 

Thank you Jason for all your  time and efforts into the rankings. A lot of great, hard working kids in these rankings. Shaping up to be another great year for Kentucky wrestling. 

25 minutes ago, gameface said:

Thank you Jason for all your  time and efforts into the rankings. A lot of great, hard working kids in these rankings. Shaping up to be another great year for Kentucky wrestling. 

It's a lot harder without my partner in crime.  Although it would be really nice sitting out by his pool updating rankings in January.

12 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

It's a lot harder without my partner in crime.  Although it would be really nice sitting out by his pool updating rankings in January.

We both know that’s the truth!! He’s “Working” hard in Port Charlotte!!!!

126- Dylan Walls over Ethan Wells 12-6

138- Malachi Rider over Jake Insko

145- Merritt over Lehman 6-3 and Pogue 7-3?

170- Little over Stevens

195- Corinthian Seales-Portee (Union) over Jesus Avila

Union won Father Ryan tournament minus Trayce Eckman and Matthias Ervin

1st. Union - 276.5

2nd. Cleveland - 232

4th. Christian Co. - 199

13th. Trinity - 97

15th. Caldwell - 87.5

29th. Paducah - 44.5

35th. Trigg - 32.5

43rd. Fort Campbell - 18

25 minutes ago, canady said:

Adam Williams from Johnson Central should be in the top 5 in 106. 

Hard to rank someone who has only wrestled 4 matches and they are all out of state.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

Hard to rank someone who has only wrestled 4 matches and they are all out of state.  

Not arguing that.  He was 4th in 113 at the Bobby Bates Tournament in Wise, Va which is a very tough tournament.  He won 3 matches there.  He was 1st at Agie Skeens in Virginia which is another very tough tournament.  Won 4 matches at 106 in that one.  

At JC's McDonald's tournament, I think the kid went 7-0 over two days time at 113.  I know they don't show on track.  I was just saying the kid is really good at 106.  I know doing statewide rankings is hard, very hard.  Just stating my opinion.  

1 hour ago, canady said:

Not arguing that.  He was 4th in 113 at the Bobby Bates Tournament in Wise, Va which is a very tough tournament.  He won 3 matches there.  He was 1st at Agie Skeens in Virginia which is another very tough tournament.  Won 4 matches at 106 in that one.  

At JC's McDonald's tournament, I think the kid went 7-0 over two days time at 113.  I know they don't show on track.  I was just saying the kid is really good at 106.  I know doing statewide rankings is hard, very hard.  Just stating my opinion.  

Johnson Central needs to post their results to track. Ranger can't be in the stands everywhere. Results need posted, not just records stated on this website. Track is the modern day smart phone, old outdated wrestling tournament formats and results are the Motorola DynaTAC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Its all top secret until regional seedings. You know the coaches don't really like rankings anyway. This is all for us. 

3 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Johnson Central needs to post their results to track. Ranger can't be in the stands everywhere. Results need posted, not just records stated on this website. Track is the modern day smart phone, old outdated wrestling tournament formats and results are the Motorola DynaTAC

Agree.  Just making the point that the kid is very very good at 106.

35 minutes ago, Jalen_wideman said:

jalen wideman should be ranked top 10 he’s been beating some studs

Do you always talk in third person? And what 'studs' has this Jalen Wideman beat? 

12-07-2019 Logan Dingus Pikeville Jalen Wideman Franklin County MD H.C.W.T 138 67.2%
12-07-2019 Jalen Wideman Franklin County Weston Jude Martin County High School Fall H.C.W.T 138 8.6%
12-07-2019 Jalen Wideman Franklin County Chasity Merrell Pike County Central Fall H.C.W.T 138 0.0%
12-11-2019 Jalen Wideman Franklin County Naser Eqal Tates Creek Fall Dual 138 17.1%
12-14-2019 Austin Gerling East Jessamine Jalen Wideman Franklin County Dec Frankfort Duals 138 39.3%
12-28-2019 Jarett Sanders Ashland Blazer Jalen Wideman Franklin County Fall Agie Skeens Memorial Tournament 132 92.8%
01-04-2020 Jalen Wideman Franklin County Scott Hein Harrison County Fall Anderson County Bearcat Invitational 132 8.4%
01-04-2020 Jalen Wideman Franklin County Trevor Vilums Male For. Anderson County Bearcat Invitational 132 0.0%
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jalen_wideman said:

you’ll see at state and you really pulled all the stats out smh

Ranger doesn't pick favorites, he ranks based on results. I was just curious as who the 'studs' were that you beat so Ranger can take note and place you in the top 10. The matches I posted are the only ones listed on trackwrestling. Good luck this year.

Last year at state:

02-16-2019 Marquelle McDaniel Central Jalen Wideman Franklin County Fall KHSAA State Championships 132 97.8%
02-16-2019 Sergio Morales Newport Jalen Wideman Franklin County Fall KHSAA State Championships 132 85.1%

I have a sneaking suspicion that Jalen Wideman isn’t posting any of this crap. Probably a goofball looking for attention because his name isn’t on the rankings either. I know the coaches at FC wouldn’t put up with any kid running their mouth on here.