Sign in to follow this  
Chris Duke

Middle school eligibility question

This was sent to me in a private message and I don't know all the rules.  If anyone can educate us it would be appreciated.

I have been trying to find the wrestling rules for middle school. I have only been able to locate high school. My son has spent the majority of his season out and I am trying to find out what he needs to be able to qualify to wrestle at regionals. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

This was sent to me in a private message and I don't know all the rules.  If anyone can educate us it would be appreciated.

I have been trying to find the wrestling rules for middle school. I have only been able to locate high school. My son has spent the majority of his season out and I am trying to find out what he needs to be able to qualify to wrestle at regionals. 

Good Luck.

• Like 1

This is all I could find. Pretty wide open and up to interpretation. Nothing specific about minimum weigh ins or matches. It does however state that wrestler is considered a member of the team the first time they practice with that particular school or club. Not sure if any of this helps. Hope the kid gets to wrestle.

• Like 2