Chris Duke

Ryle Raider Rumble

I'm sure a lot of these kids will not be at these weights.  We should still have some fireworks.

Ranked kids at the Rumble

Ohio

120-#4 William Doepker (Elder)

126-#9 Josue Dawson (Princeton), 10-Jack Collins (Elder)

132-#9 Maclain Morency (Cincinnati Anderson) 

138-#5 @ 145 Luke Marsh (Lebanon)

160--#10 @ 152 Seth Lambers (Elder)

170-#13 Ethan Marsh (Lebanon),  #12 @ 160 Kurt Thompson (Moeller), #11 @145 Bartley Thomas (Elder)

195-#10 Caleb Tackett (Lebanon)

220-#12 Colton Quantz (Lebanon), #19 Vincent Munlin (Princeton)

285-#9 Rowan Tolbert (Elder)

Kentucky

106-#1 Spencer Moore (Walton), #4 Olivia Messerly (Ryle)

113-#1 Trayce Eckman(Union), #2 Jonathan Gilbert (Madison Central), #15 Joey Sander (Ryle), #17 Mason Schweitzer (Walton), #18 Aiden Zinser (Scott)

120-#1 Cole Thomas (Ryle), #11 Jonah Bowers (Campbell), #14 Gavin Ricketts (Union)#16 @ 113 Jakari Speaks (Moore), Jason Holden SQ (Campbell), #7 Matthew Meyer @ 126 (St. X)

126- , #15 Harrison Turrey (Moore)

132-#1 Thomas Deck (Madison Central) Out, #3 Seth Lutes (Scott), #7 Micah Bowers (Campbell), #11 Nathan Ohlmann (St X), #15 Charlie McKune (Moore), #3 Jeffrey Kinley @ 126 (Madison Central),

138-#2 Jake Insko (Union), #3 Anthony Pierce (South Oldham), #4 Zach Cowan (Madison Central), #5 Sam Grandstaff (Conner), #6 Ryan Bellucci  (St X), #22 Rusty Craddock (Ryle)

145-#2 Trevor Pogue (Union), #3 Tristen Spalding (Walton), #5 Jacob Grandstaff (Conner), #8 Chas Fudold (South Oldham), #12 Tyler Ritchie (Madison Central), #14 Trent Jackson (Moore)

152-#6 Zach Pledger (St X) out,, #8 Walker McCubbin (Sout Oldham)

160- #8 Nathen Wright (Moore), #17 Kashiku Hutcheson (St X), #18 Stanley Crawley (Conner),  #7 Sammy Elliston @ 152 (Conner), #14 Carter Messerly (Ryle),Quinton Cox (Union)

170-#2 Everett Marrett @ 182 (St X), , #18 Nathan Zinser (Scott), #19 Trey Fleek (Ryle), #4 Ron Shackleford @ 160(Campbell), 

182-#3 Noah Duke (Ryle), #4 Brandon Gibson (Walton), #10 Brandon Richmond (Campbell)

195-#1 Daulton Mayer (Walton), #7 Michael Leicht (Campbell), , #22 Jackson Rogers (Ryle), Elijah Calloway (Union)

220-#2 Casey Rauch (Campbell), #18 Zach Watson (Walton), #9 Darius Moore @ 195  (Union) 

285-#9 Derek Hager (Madsion Central) out, #19 Hunter Arthur (Campbell), #24 Tayshaun Marshall (Ryle)

Can put Bellucci at 138 and Meyer at 120 safely. Marrett was at 182 this past weekend, not sure if he will be down to 170 yet. Darius Moore at 220 and Elijah Calloway at 195. Quinton Cox (Union 160) could be a sleeper at Ryle as he fills in for Dalton Russelburg. 

Started moving kids to their projected weights for this weekend.  The Ohio kids are moved and a couple lower weights are finished.  I will try to have it finished tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Great event! Had a great time watching and spoke to a lot of proud parents at the event. 

My take away : Please take it with a grain of salt. 

At the beginning of the tournament, you had 2 of 6 Matt’s rolling. Why? If you had all 6 we could have been out of there 30-60 minutes earlier. 

You need to police the fans standing at the rail in front of the stands. We all pay the entrance fee and I got tired of walking down to ask people please sit down so the rest of us could watch the matches.  

The speaker / microphone system needs help. I couldn’t hear a word the announcer said. ( I’m half deaf so it may have been just me)

$10 for an adult is fair. But at least mark their hands with a sharpie so that I can re-enter the event without paying an additional $10 which I did gladly. 

I left because the food was not healthy. I need good food and so do the athletes. Maybe look at having a couple parents cook so you aren’t just serving chips, pop, dogs  and candy.

PLEASE do the dashboard on Track next year. It helps me look up the bouts and be an educated spectator. Mind you I’m a wrestling LUNATIC and most parents are not. 

Again, this is all just my personal opinion and I do not what you to think I am complaining. I’m not. I’m just offering suggestions. 

JOHIO

1 hour ago, Salto said:

Great event! Had a great time watching and spoke to a lot of proud parents at the event. 

My take away : Please take it with a grain of salt. 

At the beginning of the tournament, you had 2 of 6 Matt’s rolling. Why? If you had all 6 we could have been out of there 30-60 minutes earlier. 

You need to police the fans standing at the rail in front of the stands. We all pay the entrance fee and I got tired of walking down to ask people please sit down so the rest of us could watch the matches.  

The speaker / microphone system needs help. I couldn’t hear a word the announcer said. ( I’m half deaf so it may have been just me)

$10 for an adult is fair. But at least mark their hands with a sharpie so that I can re-enter the event without paying an additional $10 which I did gladly. 

I left because the food was not healthy. I need good food and so do the athletes. Maybe look at having a couple parents cook so you aren’t just serving chips, pop, dogs  and candy.

PLEASE do the dashboard on Track next year. It helps me look up the bouts and be an educated spectator. Mind you I’m a wrestling LUNATIC and most parents are not. 

Again, this is all just my personal opinion and I do not what you to think I am complaining. I’m not. I’m just offering suggestions. 

JOHIO

Thank you for supporting the Ryle Raider Rumble. It’s our main fundraiser for our teams so your support goes along way. I agree about the PA. It started last week at a Basketball game and still has bad feedback. The bout board hanging in middle of gym was to let all spectators keep up with mat assignments and their wrestlers. Also it was updated on track as the results came from the mat by our I.T. coach all day so results were as close to real time. Maybe one day we can have a group of volunteers that can run track from floor but as of now that’s the best we have. As for the rounds at the beginning, that was 2 weight classes that were larger and we had to run them first to get that bracket to the size of the others. That allowed for all weight classes to finish up evenly for the finals. As for the food, we allow the wrestling teams to bring in coolers and place in our dining area. That way they have their foods of choice and a place to get away and test outside of the gym. The concessions had BBQ, Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers, Pizza, Hot dog and Cheese Mets. That’s not bad for a HS event ran strictly by volunteers and mostly donations. Took about a month to organize and we sold a lot of food. Finally, you should have been stamped when you came in. Please let me know where I can mail the $10 privately and I’d be glad to get it back to you. Again, thanks for supporting High School  wrestling an our tournament. 

D08CFEBC-B1E5-4755-87B0-D95802C90952.jpeg

EA5BBD64-F7E8-4D79-9B6D-F17D8C31E223.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Game face, 

The stamp washed off the first time I washed my hands in the restroom. My fault, I should have asked for a new stamp when I went to lunch. Good to hear you let the teams bring in their own coolers. Mayb my biggest pet peeve when event don’t do that and force athletes to eat fast food. I should have tried the bbq!!! Sounds great! The bout board was “ok” it needed to be a bit larger IMO but I’m old and I don’t see well anymore. All in all great competition and friendly people. It was well worth the 2 hour drive from Bardstown! No worries about the $10. I’m more then happy to help the program and I really understand the lack of help and working the track wrestling system. You can count on me to help with a table next year. Good luck this season and may every wrestler stay healthy the entire year!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1