Sign in to follow this  
CUTiger184

Contracts for Duals/Tournaments

Has anyone ever considered doing contracts for yearly tournaments? I know we used to attend a few Ohio tournaments and they made us sign two year agreements.  Thoughts? 

I really only know one tournament that makes you, South Oldham. Wrestling for the most part is a tight fraternity and when you give your word you will be there, you go. I realize some things come up, and especially having new teams and young coaches coming in, they may not realize how this just shouldnt happen. I dont want to add to paperwork and do contracts, think coaches just need to make sure they are keeping their word

Just now, coachteater said:

I really only know one tournament that makes you, South Oldham. Wrestling for the most part is a tight fraternity and when you give your word you will be there, you go. I realize some things come up, and especially having new teams and young coaches coming in, they may not realize how this just shouldnt happen. I dont want to add to paperwork and do contracts, think coaches just need to make sure they are keeping their word

I agree there as well, we try to stay pretty loyal to our schedule.  I think the KHSAA bumping the season around messed a lot of people up too.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CUTiger184 said:

I agree there as well, we try to stay pretty loyal to our schedule.  I think the KHSAA bumping the season around messed a lot of people up too.  

yes! 

I certainly understand why contracts might be appealing, because we all are trying to get as many matches for our kids as possible, and when teams don't show up, it impacts us all. However, contracts might have the opposite effect. It would be the same as when tournaments want registration paid in advance. If we have inclement weather, but the tournament is still being held, and your district prevents you from traveling, refunds are hard to get.  

I send them out to all teams coming to our Invitational, because, some of the out of state teams require them. If I get them back from in state teams great, if not no biggie. 

This is Just my opinion. I think we need to move into the direction of contracts for the sport of wrestling. It will eliminate uncertainty of who’s coming to events, as well as leaving backing out of scheduled duals/events for gamesmanship purposes. It also allows teams to change their schedule without hesitation based on contracts year to year. 

7 hours ago, Haystack said:

This is Just my opinion. I think we need to move into the direction of contracts for the sport of wrestling. It will eliminate uncertainty of who’s coming to events, as well as leaving backing out of scheduled duals/events for gamesmanship purposes. It also allows teams to change their schedule without hesitation based on contracts year to year. 

I agree Haystack, 2 year contracts would help a lot. I'm tired of teams backing out last second. You don't have to prepay, just be sure to bring your payment with you.  In the event of inclement weather obviously you wouldn't pay.  

On 12/9/2019 at 8:07 AM, Tigerstyle said:

I agree Haystack, 2 year contracts would help a lot. I'm tired of teams backing out last second. You don't have to prepay, just be sure to bring your payment with you.  In the event of inclement weather obviously you wouldn't pay.  

Contracts are a must in todays world. AD's can handle it with out much time spent. Copy and paste makes it easy. I do think pre pay is a must. Inclement weather is fully refundable and should be highlighted in contract. 

6 hours ago, bestmistake33 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with a 2 year contract.  One thing that pops into my head, do most coaches even know their schedule a year in advance let alone 2?

He signs that contract he does. I think less headaches for all.

6 hours ago, bestmistake33 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with a 2 year contract.  One thing that pops into my head, do most coaches even know their schedule a year in advance let alone 2?

I dont know about most, But i know several like myself do, or atleast pretty close. Based on the kids I have now, i have a plan laid out for events for next several years. Might change, but its planned