Sign in to follow this  
CCMS_SC

SR and JB sharing truth

I agree with the premise, but it comes from the coach/parents/ grandparents. I took my granddaughter to a duals tournament yesterday. there were supposed to be several girls there they could wrestle. Most of the girls didn't show up. So my granddaughter and her teammate had to beg for matches, against boys. Thankfully due to supportive coaches, they got a couple of matches each. They both went one and one. I gave them matches, that I knew they would probably lose, but that would make them better. In wrestling, if you only focus on winning, you don't get better.

There's a few threads on youth wrestling. they mention weight cutting. This is my opinion it's dumb. They are children let them compete at whatever they weigh. Guy worried about 4th grade seed or something. Just baffles me. I'd be surprised if any have consulted a physician. 

1 hour ago, Tdog'sPap said:

I agree with the premise, but it comes from the coach/parents/ grandparents. I took my granddaughter to a duals tournament yesterday. there were supposed to be several girls there they could wrestle. Most of the girls didn't show up. So my granddaughter and her teammate had to beg for matches, against boys. Thankfully due to supportive coaches, they got a couple of matches each. They both went one and one. I gave them matches, that I knew they would probably lose, but that would make them better. In wrestling, if you only focus on winning, you don't get better.

You just hit the nail on the head. And drove it in with one swing. Everyone with a child or grandchild needs this posted somewhere.