Tigerstyle

Girls Wrestling

What kind of numbers are we working with for girls thus far?  Anyone have a team by team count?  Is there anyway to filter guys/girls to see how many have been added to rosters?  Coaches any tips on what you are doing recruiting wise?  Any new ideas on how to promote the growth of ladies wrestling?  I heard we had 46 ladies at the Queen of the Bluegrass. 

176 ladies are entered into trackwrestling,  you can filter it . I havent broke down team numbers, but there are many teams that didnt have girls last year. 

That's awesome. For coaches who are learning, look to other states and see what they are doing. One big thing I noticed in Woodford is some coaches weren't requiring their girls to wrestle the guys. This will be a big winner for numbers. I also understand that some want to wrestle the guys. Mine have been wrestling for about six years now and when the high school transition is made the injuries and severity of them increases. My opinion. Build it!

• Upvote 1

Teater and myself talk about every other day about the growth of girls wrestling and the possibilities. Look at what other states sanctioning with FAR LESS numbers than we had 2 seasons ago!  The time is NOW for the state to listen to what has occurred in a short period of time. Build it and the #s will continue to increase. If someone has a doubt, go look at the middle school level. We have been to two MS tourneys and the girls competing there are growing as well. 

@Wrestledad you said something that is HUGE IMO that is being over looked even at the highest level. I look at Brands interview recently about the HWC as someone that really sees the vision that so many have been pushing for so long. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coachteater said:

One of my main recruiting points is all the college opportunities opening up.  They want to go to college,  here is the way to do it. 

Coach, I saw, but have yet to read, an article the other day saying that there may not be enough girls to fill the spots that are opening up on college campuses. I'm assuming that is talking about the growth at the college level.