Sign in to follow this  
enthusiast

Brandon Reed vs Zach Elam

Congrats Brandon REED on your silver medal. Proving time and time again that you're the greatest College HWT from KY of all time.

Brandon majs Missouri's #2 HWT Diaz 13-5 and Reed loses in the finals 15-8 to  Missouri's starter Elam. Hopefully will see some coverage on flo.

Myers goes 1-2  loses early to Iowa soph backup 8-6, then immediately lost 4-0 to div 2 Jun Radick from Marysville with a 37-25 career record.

Notes: 3 of the 4 Missouri HWTS placed in the tournament. Myers weighed in at 254, Elam 240, Diaz 237. Brandon Reed 237.

Update: flos coverage is a mess. They have 13 mats of coverage with 10+ hours of replay on each, with no mat assignments. 

• Upvote 1

I think Dias Lost 10 to 4 to the 3rd placer that Austin lost to by 2 in a match he was winning till the end ...And Austin lost to the 3rd and the 4th place finishers .his first match back on an injured leg  . You are a piece of Sh /t Austin chose to wrestle rather than ff ..his last match teammate Diaz got 2 forfeits and a loss in the console's..Elam is a beast he beat the guy who barely beat Austin by 6 and Reed who got a bye into finals from Mciernan who med ff by 7 ...take from it what you want .. the 1 3 and 4 placers were all on Austin's side and he wrestled 2 of them ..after a bye and a 41 sec pin...Reed is a beast and hard worker ,

Once again you try to cast that shadow and only let me cast light on facts lol.

• Downvote 1

Wrong Elam is not the Starter hes  redshirting and Austin has been listed as the Current starter and bad leg or not it's obvious why as  someone already stated he barely lost to Costello in a match he was winning and Costello theb3rd placer beat Diaz 10 to 4 .you are a liar a pot stirrer and of course a coward .Reed is for certain the best college  NAIA heavy from ky ever and who's to say he could be the beat hvy but I think there have been ky D1 AA ..still Reed is my second favorite hvy of all time from ky lol hes my friend I will keep it at that. Happy for him.but you on the other hand are full of sh/t

• Downvote 2

Not derailing nothing just  pointing out once again that if you ever came out from behind your message board it would be a bad day for you..kind like what would happen if your favorite cc wrestler wrestled either one of my two favorites  .

• Downvote 1

Lets not make threats. Elam is the starter and would be the starter if not redshirting. The year is early and that shirt has plenty of time to be pulled if Coach Smith thinks Missouri can get a team trophy. 

Can you ask Austin which mats he wrestled on? His Ky fans would love to see him in action. Thanks

Reed is easily the best Ky college Hwt of all time and hes not done yet. Don't be silly.

Just watched Brandons final match against Elam. MAT 1 10:17 mark on flo. Strange match, Elam gets the initial take down and rides Brandon. Brandon lays there and take 4 stalls?  Wakes up in the 2nd period and throws Elam for 2. Plays the cut and release game for the rest of the match and scores 3 more takedowns against  the missouri starter. Aside from the 1st period Reed looked great. Very impressive. 

7 hours ago, wildcat2002 said:

Just watched Brandons final match against Elam. MAT 1 10:17 mark on flo. Strange match, Elam gets the initial take down and rides Brandon. Brandon lays there and take 4 stalls?  Wakes up in the 2nd period and throws Elam for 2. Plays the cut and release game for the rest of the match and scores 3 more takedowns against  the missouri starter. Aside from the 1st period Reed looked great. Very impressive. 

I think the score was 15 to 8.somehow your play by play doesnt come up with that score..?a throw for 2 ????where did the rest of Elams points come from???where did you get your sports casting degree from ..and yes in case you haven't noticed Austin has been listed as the starter but jas been rehabbing an injury so hasnt started and the ky fans saw his matches your not one of them and yeah if I had an ncaa qualifier starting who was hurt I might pull the redshirt of my other ncaa qualifier ...your not telling anyone anything and theres no threats your a message board bad guy a pot stirring coward you tell lies and your half of the story and leave out all the facts ....I'm still wondering where the rest of Elams points came from you said he had 1 td and got cut 3 x and had some riding time that's like 6 or 7 points did the refs just give him 8 or 9 points for being a Tiger .like i said you choose to forget relevant facts ...Reed has done very well in NAIA and college in general for a kid who never won a state title ..very impressive but he lost to the winner in this tournament and never faced the third or fourth placer and got a bye into finals ...it happens .

• Downvote 1

I fully admit I missed something. Not sure if the feed is bad or what. I am fully aware of what the final score was. What I did see was Reed taking down Elam 4 times. 

How did austin and Elams match go again?

What a huge showing by Reed.  Some of these NAIA and D-II heavies are indistinguishable from the D-1 guys. That's great to see.

The thread is about Reed vs Elam. Don't spend the whole time talking about another HWY that didn't place and may not be in the lineup anyway.  There is another thread for that already.  Also, I don't get ripping a guy for losing a spot or not dominating when you know good and well he is coming off an injury.  Ever been injured in your life?  It sucks. Maybe have a bit of compassion for a student athlete trying to rehab and recover. Ignore his dad.

• Upvote 2

Someone else brought up Austin ..before me taking a knock I could care less who like what I say after that ..and yes he was beating theb3rd place guy most of his match and then lost to a guy well below his level because of an injury as I said hes listed as the starter but has been injured no need for any compassion none expected he could have quit after his fr yr and still accomplished more than anyone from ky ever has in the sport.

If your comparing naia guys and D1 .and saying somenare indistinguishable...maybe so but if your comparing levels well ..Elam did not place at Nationals at D1 and he just beat a 2 x NAIA nat champ .

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, LIONHEART said:

Someone else brought up Austin ..before me taking a knock I could care less who like what I say after that ..and yes he was beating theb3rd place guy most of his match and then lost to a guy well below his level because of an injury as I said hes listed as the starter but has been injured no need for any compassion none expected he could have quit after his fr yr and still accomplished more than anyone from ky ever has in the sport.

If your comparing naia guys and D1 .and saying somenare indistinguishable...maybe so but if your comparing levels well ..Elam did not place at Nationals at D1 and he just beat a 2 x NAIA nat champ .

Oh there is for sure some separation at the top I was just saying some of the NAIA top dogs placing above starters in D-1 programs is cool to see.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nkawtg said:

4th year of college wrestling and he can’t place at the Lindenwood Open!?  Ygtbsm!!

Show some respect. He's still in his adjustment year and by far the strongest in the field. 

• Upvote 1

Lol he placed 2nd there before ..you losers can spin things how you like the facts are he was wrestling with a torn mcl ..as was proven by the mri he got a couple days after the tournament the MRI i made  sure he got the one he should have had before...and yes there are tough NAIA guys who can beat starters of D1 schools even ranked ones..I know i raised one ..the one who embarrassed everyone in the ky state tournament when he walked through it without even being allowed to wrestle for months before it ..and reed is good a lot better than when Austin embarrassed him in the state tournament ...of course he embarrassed everyone there ..winning four state titles and never giving up one offensive point ..that stings .......of course it was.no surprise to me ..theres not any ten coaches or trainers in the state who could develop the athletes I  did ..whats more embarrassing is the stupidity of you idiots not to take advantage of what could have been done for many more of your athletes ..except your all to worried about hating and knocking someone rather than taking advantage of what they could have done for you...Reed knows why he was beaten so badly by Austin and all of you know why my kids dominated the state and the nation ..

• Downvote 2