Sign in to follow this  
LIONHEART

Goo

3 state titles and 1 runner up ..vs 4 state titles and 3 national titles and I national runner up in High School ,ATM vs Tracis Sullivan ...as for the rest ...I guess when your kid is done you just hijack other threads till they get locked after you had last say lol and Austin never got teched or pinned by anyone in High School let alone a couple of underclassmen his Sr Yr ...one a freshman ..A bit different level wrestling dropping a class and going 125 in college a weight 99 .9 percent of grown men could never reach vs a class that ranges from 197 to 285..as for lies ....theres wins and theres losses ..everyone has em ...except Austin when he wore purple and gold ...and 4 pins and a tech against a kid who would be a state champ the next yr from a kid forced to wrestle up and sit out over 2 months before state  is the best performance anyone at CC or the state of ky ever had at any State tournament or tournament period ...When all those kids at CC who were on their last championship team look down at their state Rings they know who earned the most points to earn them they know how salty everyone was having two kids show  up and earn their shine ..shame most never embraced them ..like say Walton did.

• Downvote 3

There you go again throwing shade like always. I've never had a negative thing to say about your boys and never will because I actually like and respect them. If I remember correctly, I drove them to VA Beach 3 years in a row. It must be exhausting!

• Upvote 1

If I remeber stephen only went o virginia beach twice and I was there all 4 years and no one needed a ride  ??? Wth are you talking about and dont play innocent no one said anything about your son on the thread the haters started on Austin and you chimed in ...not sure what your saying i lied about but i dont appreciate it ...I only ever state facts  ..from what I see and know ..and I know I have 2 sons with 6 undefeated HS seasons between them and one with 2 losses to state champs at state by a point or 2 .....Shaun had a great college career for a 125 lber and a very good HS career ....but hes not the best HS wrestler to ever come out of CC He may be 3rd I wouldn't know and dont care as for wins and placings in big tournaments against tough comp not many compare to Stephen and his wins ..in College Shaun has done well when he made weight Not as good as Reuschell but better than any cc guy at least at his weight...and throwing shade you wanted to chime in when no one even mentioned Shaun of course your pals with the haters uts obvious ...237 wins is great but with the showings I saw him have at the nutter center and the all the losses to Reuschell someone stephen nearly teched and beat multiple times I wouldn't be arguing about who the best HS wrestler was at CC.

• Downvote 1

125 is extremely competitive and skilled. Sean was in the blood rnd twice! 1 match away from AA (tough losses there. Saw one in person.) A 4 time NCAA qualifier.

Last I checked Austin hasn't scored a point at the ncaa tournament. 

CCMS, what happend in 2018. I know he came in 5th seed and lost 2 early, I suspect the cut and injury. Either way hes been extremely successful. Highschool, college and world team. Good job.

Lion, what was Austin's best win again? Hopefully we see him soon, I was looking for him at the Bill Farrel, why isn't he trying for a world team. Certainly all those wins at 220, hammer and anvil and border blah, prepared him.

:unsure:>>>looking around all confused. 

Not sure why I am being called out?   I never said Sullivan was greater than Austin just the the accomplishment is close to Austins. I don't care who you are 235 consecutive wins at any wt. class is a huge accomplishment.  Either because you are so lucky that you didn't wrestle a tough competition in that span (which i doubt) or you were that consistently tough and healthy for so long. 

As for greatest cc ever.  Eyeballing it, I personally thing Stephen is one if not the greatest wrestler I have seen when he wrestled.  Not saying that in my opinion that there aren't a few that were close, I think there are some contenders.  The only wrinkle in his career is his last loss, but we all know that the best team or wrestler wins all the time,(which I believe was the case here) but that is why they have the match.

As for most dominant I have seen. Now that goes to Austin, only one other kid from Campbell was as dominant as Austin but it was only for one year.  

STEPHEN lost his first state title as fresh to a returning sr state champ Cory Mines by a point and had a decisive win over the state runner up his fr yr ..Stephen's sr yr he wrestled multiple weights everyone wanted the big matchup between him and cooper after he had already beaten French easily ,then after he had beaten Cooper everyone wanted it again...it seemed they wanted to give everyone a chance to beat him..i warned and told them if he was going up he had to do it weeks and months ahead to adjust ..his teammate wrestling up blew weight so he stayed down and wrestled lighter untill regionals  an obvious mistake you do not adjust in a week or two ..and it showed even though he only lost by 1 and had a stalling call and was told to kick his opponent out with 30 or so seconds and press..no second stall a 1 point loss ...is what it is ...and at nationals a few weeks later he drops back down and becomes Kentuckys only SR All American at Virginia Beach NHSCAs that yr something a 6th place at Sr nationals in a class that requires someone to be top 2 in their state is more impressive than a state win at KY ..anyone who knows the sport would agree andbtherss a reason Cooper French Fahy and so many others never went to virginia Beach ...like Brock Stephen Austin and Fausz did ...you wrestle a multi x state champ or runner up every match ..as for What Austin did there winning 2 ows 3 titles a runner up a d a bigger win his sr yr than a loss against the only person to ever beat him there a 3 x state and national champ he put on his back and didnt let escape him a whole period .....you will never see that again from any KY wrestler and yes Stephen has wins against HS wrestlers who beat Fausz Brock Fahy Cooper French and more he teched a jr state runner up his jr year at state finals against a kid who was a state champ the next yr ...and no I wasn't a coach ...at CC that's why he lost his sr yr everyone treated him with kid gloves and acted like he couldnt lose and used him at multiple weights ...not smart .Shaun did incredible at NHSCAs his sr yr and in college but in comparison to Austin he dropped to 125 while Austin went up to 285 your talking a kid under 5 10 wrestling a class loaded with guys ranging fromn197 to 285 many half a foot taller or more ..in a span where you have Coon Snyder Gwiz and many more ..125 does not compare at all no matter how you spin it .He is where his coaches wanted him heavys are in high demand ,125 are as well but for different reasons they are far fewer...no one cares about uww or freestyle Greco tournaments where rules change every yr and the majority of the nation doesnt know a thing or see or know the age rules ...An NCAA all american yes but a freestyle Greco or university comp outside pan ams or us team or worlds or the Olympics..no one really knows cares or understands .sounds good though .....As for HS no one ever saw Austin or Stephen on their backs in season and never saw Austin on his back in any folkstyle match at any level in HS ever that's vs Brinson Robinson Chackonis and everyone at nat level and no one in ky ever saw Austin give up a single offensive point in a regulation match to any KY opponent ...his first ever match in HS as a Freshman in KY was a forfeit ..that's Dominance from day one as well as ridiculous and weak from your state comp ...that 189 and 0 record never had a single blemish or dq on it and he never injured a single opponent ...no reason to ever forfeit against him and it was a constant theme in ky ...as for the haters spouting he was in a weak class lol he beat a returning state at champ in ky as a fresh and beat a future naia multiple x nat champ multiple xs ,and had wins over multiple x state champs from other states every yr in High School,and in  College a NCAA D1 freshman heavyweight of the yr winner isnt so shabby ..KY gets 3 more AAs  in the record books at Fargo 4 AAs 2 OWs and an NHSCAA wrestler of the yr award at NHSCAAs 2 central regional ows the same yr and a Flo title with a pin in finals and a flo wrestler of the week ...out of Austin..at Nationals not many can or ever will have his record and none from ky ever will.

• Downvote 1

Missouri wrestled two duals last night against a D2 and NAIA school. Missouri used two different heavyweights. Austin was neither.

He's definitely got those accomplishments on a template. Simple copy paste. We talking about stuff 5 and 6 years old. Half a decade.

• Upvote 1