Sign in to follow this  
CradleKY

David Carr

Yes he looks impressive,  and since he has already qualified for the Olympic trials at 74kg. You can add him to the field, Martinez, Dake, Nolf, Lewis, Joseph, all trying to unseat Burroughs.  Fun times for fans

21 hours ago, crazyotto said:

Winning with class. Learned it from his dad.

One of the classiest and most humble kids I've ever been around. A lot of people don't know what he went through as an 8th grader that season in KY but through it all he showed a level of maturity I have simply never seen in another teenage student athlete.  His success at this level was inevitable, not because of his bloodline, not because of his strength or speed, it's because of his character, which is beyond exemplary.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, CradleKY said:

One of the classiest and most humble kids I've ever been around. A lot of people don't know what he went through as an 8th grader that season in KY but through it all he showed a level of maturity I have simply never seen in another teenage student athlete.  His success at this level was inevitable, not because of his bloodline, not because of his strength or speed, it's because of his character, which is beyond exemplary.

I don’t know who you are or what exactly you know about all of that, but you are 110% correct. David overcame a lot of adversity that season. I text him after his big win over Caleb Young. He was quick to respond and humble as usual. Always giving the glory to God. 

• Upvote 2

I'll say nothing else because its all in the past now and ppl have moved on but it wasn't difficult to pick up on what was goin on that season.  By January it was obvs to most of the wrestling community.  

Carr took a loss in Cliff Keen to Northwestern  Deaken 8-3 then knocked off Coleman from Purdue who's ranked top 10 to take 3rd place.  Went 5-1 for the weekend

Deaken was ranked #2 by Intermat and beat #1 Hidlay from NC St in the finals 6-2.    Ridiculously competitive weight class.