Sign in to follow this  
wildcat2002

Missouri Austin Myers

I dont see any Kids from ky wearing a league championship ring from a top 5 D1 school after beating the #1 ranked guy in their league and punching his ticket to nat..

You haven't looked very close then. Do I have to actually post the pictures?

• Upvote 1

Congrats on the takedown record at CC as well ...Good thing the Win the pin The State title record got left for everyone else at the school .and the Fargo placings and flo win and NHSCA titles and wins and ows got left for the rest of the state ,thought for sure after going 125 he would AA he deserved it.

Coaches limited his weigh ins his last two years so didn't wrestle every dual.                                Sean had 237 wins just 9-12 grade and 285 8-12. I thought Austin only had 189.  All jabbing aside, truly wish him the best the rest of his career.                                                                          Got one of these?

IMG_20181118_171545.jpg

IMG_20181118_114313.jpg

• Upvote 2

Also, nice job trying to word it just right so no one else could possibly have done it.  Just like statistics words can be manipulated to give us the outcome we desire!

All kidding aside high school trophies, wins, accolades mean nothing! A true wrestler one who is committed and truly loves the sport aspires to get these! Trump's anything from HS or JH!

IMG_20181118_114313.jpg

• Upvote 1

Austin was 189 and 0 in hs with most of his fresh yr out ...237 is a lot of wins but when you lose you get more matches with wrestlebacks. As for jr high thru HS Stephen had over 100 wins in one yr ...when you wrestle club you get 100s of matches a yr if you want and when you lose matches and do not get byes because your the 1 seed you get more matches..

You left out the loss column

Austin was a jr high ow winner in ohio his 8 th grade yr and was ranked in the nation since he was 11 

A runner up to Bo jordan in jr high as a sixth grader and 2 jr high titles in Ohio and the biggest jump in weight from champ yr to champ yr and best record 50 and 0 8th grade yr 49 pins 1 major in state finals.

If khsaa had let Austin wrestle he would have easy had 200 wins as it is theres only one kid in the country to ever go undefeated at 220all 4 years and that's Austin .

And no kid from CC or Ky has ever came close to doing what he did in grade school through HS except his brother who had 2 undefeated seasons himself

• Downvote 1

pissing matches are pointless but one guy is touting middle school tournament wins from more than a decade ago and the other is posting pictures of Silver medal at the World Championships from last year.

call the match!! this is a knockout.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Not trying to have a pissing match. I've sat back  biting my tongue for years while Sean was still in school reading a lot of incorrect info. Just pointing it out and now I'm done because you're right it's useless.

I'd still like to see that career pin total though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just for the record (and I had to look it up)(page 6)   http://www.wrestlingusa.com/ewExternalFiles/Wrestling USA Magazine National High School Records.pdf 

Travis Sullivan from Wayne Co. (2005-2008) Went 235 consecutive wins until he was defeated his senior year in the state finals. I would say that is real real close. 

Three time state champ and one time state runner up.