Sign in to follow this  
gameface

2019 IHPO Super 32 Qualifier Results for Kentucky Wrestlers

I wanted to congratulate the 5 wrestlers that placed at IHPO this year. Also wanted to give a shout out to some amazing coaches that took time to go with these wrestlers and support them. Coaches Joe Burroughs No-Ox, Randy Wheeler and Corey Mullins with NLW, Jason Moore KY Extreme, Issac Knable Invicta, Jarvis Elam with Union County, Joe Carr Sr. And Jr. with CWA and Darren Thomas with Ryle Wrestling. There were so many great matches wrestled by Kentucky wrestlers. At one point we had 2 wrestlers competing to get to the Semi Finals Jake Insko vs Zac Cowen. Thomas Hoppes and Issac Thorton had a good run that finished them at the quarter finals. Many others like Seth Lutes had a solid tournament. Top 4 places and received early entry honors into the Super 32. 

Spencer Moore Walton-Verona 109 lbs Champion 

Cole Thomas Ryle 116 lbs Champion

Jake Insko  Union County 141 lbs 4th

Dalton Russelburg Union County  173 lbs  Runner-Up

Levid Rodriguez  Johnson Central 223 lbs 4th

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, gameface said:

I wanted to congratulate the 5 wrestlers that placed at IHPO this year. Also wanted to give a shout out to some amazing coaches that took time to go with these wrestlers and support them. Coaches Joe Burroughs No-Ox, Randy Wheeler and Corey Mullins with NLW, Jason Moore KY Extreme, Issac Knable Invicta, Jarvis Elam with Union County, Joe Carr Sr. And Jr. with CWA and Darren Thomas with Ryle Wrestling. There were so many great matches wrestled by Kentucky wrestlers. At one point we had 2 wrestlers competing to get to the Semi Finals Jake Insko vs Zac Cowen. Thomas Hoppes and Issac Thorton had a good run that finished them at the quarter finals. Many others like Seth Lutes had a solid tournament. Top 4 places and received early entry honors into the Super 32. 

Spencer Moore Walton-Verona 109 lbs Champion 

Cole Thomas Ryle 116 lbs Champion

Jake Insko  Union County 141 lbs 4th

Dalton Russelburg Union County  173 lbs  Runner-Up

Levid Rodriguez  Johnson Central 223 lbs 4th

Congrats such a tough competition. These boys did great. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

All those guys looked great! Congrats to Chase Fink. He was close to placing.

He had a great tournament also!!  Four different Kentucky kids one match away either on the championship side or the  constellation side   

2 hours ago, gameface said:

He had a great tournament also!!  Four different Kentucky kids one match away either on the championship side or the  constellation side   

They looked like a bunch of “stars”. The sky is the future for these guys if they don't fall into the black hole of thinking they are the best in the Universe.

6 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

They looked like a bunch of “stars”. The sky is the future for these guys if they don't fall into the black hole of thinking they are the best in the Universe.

I’d say they are all very humbled young men. I bet each one went back to work yesterday or today trying to get better. I know mine did.