Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings Preseason 2019/2020 - SEPT 6

One final preseason ranking update before we all hit the mats in a little over a month.  Then once we start seeing body fat test results posted we will get some real weight updates in late October and early November.  But as usual thanks to a lot of good input from coaches and fans around the state I have received a lot of updates.  So while the weight changes are far from complete, there are a lot that are getting close.

The big note as we head into this season is the amazing lineup that Union County will be running out onto the mat this year and the depth they will face in Region 1.  That story line will be interesting to follow as the season develops.

Keep sending me those updates.  Also, put October 5 on your calendar and come out to watch the 5th Annual All Star Classic at Scott High School.

Rankings_19_20_0905.pdf

9 hours ago, pridewrestler said:

ACL

It’s sad. He’s one of Kentucky’s bests. Hopefully he heals fast and is back in the mix next year. 

Got a question, an honest question because I don't know and I'm still learning this wrestling thing. Why did the rankings change from the previous one when no wrestling took place in between? I'll use my son for example, he was ranked 10th the previous poll now he's 12th in the 285 class. And I'm not being one of those dads who thinks his son should be higher either. We are happy and extremely grateful that's he's even on the list. Like I said, I'm just trying to figure out/learn the process. My boy didnt start wrestling until high school and wrestling is something he and I have fell in love with. Thanks ahead for any kind of knowledge you guys give us. 

13 minutes ago, #55PirateFan said:

Got a question, an honest question because I don't know and I'm still learning this wrestling thing. Why did the rankings change from the previous one when no wrestling took place in between? I'll use my son for example, he was ranked 10th the previous poll now he's 12th in the 285 class. And I'm not being one of those dads who thinks his son should be higher either. We are happy and extremely grateful that's he's even on the list. Like I said, I'm just trying to figure out/learn the process. My boy didnt start wrestling until high school and wrestling is something he and I have fell in love with. Thanks ahead for any kind of knowledge you guys give us. 

The answer is easy on this one. The 2x defending state champ Matthias Ervin is projected at 285 now, and Matthew Mooney moved up in the weight classes from 220 to 285. The #1 and #7 ranked 220s were bumped up in the new rankings to 285. 

Yep, ukpride has been around and seen this for a while. Basically I am trying to start reflecting more accurate information on weights. Wrestling is so different than pretty much every sport with the weight classes and right now we are attempting to guess where everyone will be. 

3 hours ago, #55PirateFan said:

Ranger also gets reports from teams of injuries and moves as well as some projected weight classes. He also faces a lot of uncertainty to the bigger weight classes because a big percentage are out playing football. 

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Makes sense to me now. I could see where wrestling rankings could get a whole lot more complicated and fluxiate more that a team sport like football. With a wrestlers weight going up and down if he's on the line of two different weight classes and he's a top wrestlers it could totally change the rankings of those two classes. 

20 minutes ago, wrastler_ said:

New rankings soon?

Yeah. Wanted to post late last week, but still a LOT of outstanding body fat tests. Hoping most get posted this week and I will put out a Thanksgiving rankings update.