Ranger123

2019 Ky All Star Classic

Recommended Posts

Yes, we are on for the 5th annual event. Had to work out some details as we have a few changes this year. 

First important piece of information is the date. Saturday, October 5. This year we are holding the event on a Saturday rather than the Sunday as in the past. 

Second important piece of information is the place. Scott High School in Taylor Mill, KY. For the first time we will be hosting in northern ky. 

So, everyone mark your calendars and make it out to watch a great dual meet that is always filled with great action and many of the best high school wrestlers the state has to offer. Matchups will be posted in the coming weeks.

Saturday October 5 @ 1:00 pm EST

Scott High School, Taylor Mill, KY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual we have the support of a couple of great clubs around the state (Invicta, No-Ox, and Ky Extreme). Coach Burroughs and Coach Knable have been behind this event from day 1 and every year help to make sure it continues. Two great coaches but more importantly two of the best people you will ever meet and I am very glad wrestling has brought these guys into my life. 

We do have a new gear sponsor this year as Barbarian Apparel will be providing the gear for the event. Glad to have a more local company supporting us going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 6:11 AM, Ranger123 said:

As usual we have the support of a couple of great clubs around the state (Invicta, No-Ox, and Ky Extreme). Coach Burroughs and Coach Knable have been behind this event from day 1 and every year help to make sure it continues. Two great coaches but more importantly two of the best people you will ever meet and I am very glad wrestling has brought these guys into my life. 

We do have a new gear sponsor this year as Barbarian Apparel will be providing the gear for the event. Glad to have a more local company supporting us going forward. 

Do you have more info? Flyer? How to register and what are the weight/age groups? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don’t. For wrestlers this is an invite only event. We generally invite two of the highest ranked kids at each weight (often don’t have all the upper weights because of football). 

My plan is to post updated rankings tonight and start posting matchups next week. A lot of good matches on the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ranger123 said:

You don’t. For wrestlers this is an invite only event. We generally invite two of the highest ranked kids at each weight (often don’t have all the upper weights because of football). 

My plan is to post updated rankings tonight and start posting matchups next week. A lot of good matches on the list. 

OK thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Wrestledad said:

Guys only event?

Not exactly.  We had a girls freestyle match last year and there is a good chance we do the same this year (hint hint). But as the girls ranks continue to grow I can definitely see more girls matches included in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, first matchups to be announced. 

We will start off just like last year with another girls freestyle match. Girls wrestling is growing like crazy in KY and I would anticipate adding more girls to the lineup in future years. 

Olivia Messerly v Ashley Courtney

This is a rematch of the Girls 106 state finals won by Messerly. Olivia just won a 15U WORLD championship. And both of these girls will likely be pushing many of the guys at 106 this season. 

Another Woodford County wrestler will take the mat as top ranked Gavin Andreoni will face young up and comer Bryant Beane.  The Yellowjackets have always supported this event big time and the Andreoni family has been a fixture here as well.  Beane is now at Trinity and looks to build off a nice showing at state as an 8th grader taking home a medal  

Gavin Andreoni v Bryant Beane

My goal is to release two matches every other night for the next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, Ranger123 said:

Ok, first matchups to be announced. 

We will start off just like last year with another girls freestyle match. Girls wrestling is growing like crazy in KY and I would anticipate adding more girls to the lineup in future years. 

Olivia Messerly v Ashley Courtney

This is a rematch of the Girls 106 state finals won by Messerly. Olivia just won a 15U WORLD championship. And both of these girls will likely be pushing many of the guys at 106 this season. 

Another Woodford County wrestler will take the mat as top ranked Gavin Andreoni will face young up and comer Bryant Beane.  The Yellowjackets have always supported this event big time and the Andreoni family has been a fixture here as well.  Beane is now at Trinity and looks to build off a nice showing at state as an 8th grader taking home a medal  

Gavin Andreoni v Bryant Beane

My goal is to release two matches every other night for the next week. 

Glad to see this match between Olivia and Ashley. Both of these ladies are top notch. I still think that more great matches between our in state ladies could be scheduled. My opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight’s round of matchups. 

This next matchup doesn’t have the highest ranked kids, but I anticipate it may be the most exciting match of the day with lots of fireworks. A third Woodford County wrestler will take the mat as 2018 Fargo All American Tristan Brooks will battle Seth Slayton from new powerhouse Paducah tilghman. A battle of seniors will have big guys Daulton Mayer of Walton-Verona face off with Ben Bush of Louisville Central. 

GFS: Olivia Messerly v Ashley Courtney  

126: #1 Gavin Andreoni v #3 Bryant Beane

170: #4 Seth Slayton v #10 Tristan Brooks

195: #1 Daulton Mayer v #3 Ben Bush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next round of matches:

Both are likely regional final previews.  A region 6 showdown of Seth Lutes of host Scott versus Sam Grandstaff.  Both guys have a couple state medals on their mantle and should give us an interesting battle.  Out of this season’s powerhouse region 1 defending state champion Jakerion Merritt will kick off his title defense season against Paducah Tilghman’s David Conner.  

 

GFS: Olivia Messerly v Ashley Courtney  

126: #1 Gavin Andreoni v #3 Bryant Beane

170: #4 Seth Slayton v #10 Tristan Brooks

 195: #1 Daulton Mayer v #3 Ben Bush

132: #3 S. Grandstaff v #4 Seth Lutes

145: #1 Merritt v #3 Conner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next matchup brings in twin brother Jacob Grandstaff to battle Zac Cowan.  Another interesting contrast in styles in one of the deepest weights in the state; will be exciting to see where that finish on the podium.  One last match to announce this weekend is a region 1 match between top ranked Niko Bussell and Logan Deasel.  Bussell impressed me at the all star match last year and had a great season.  I’ve been following Deasel since middle school when he and his parents were the first people I ever met from McCracken County. 

 

GFS: Olivia Messerly v Ashley Courtney  

126: #1 Gavin Andreoni v #3 Bryant Beane

170: #4 Seth Slayton v #10 Tristan Brooks

195: #1 Daulton Mayer v #3 Ben Bush

132: #3 S. Grandstaff v #4 Seth Lutes

145: #1 Merritt v #3 Conner

138: #4 J. Grandstaff v #5 Cowan

220: #1 Bussell v #4 Deasel

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now