Ranger123

2019 Ky All Star Classic

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

Could be a good money maker. I'd pay $10 to watch it. 

Hope so. The goal is to have a great show and kick off to the season and spotlight some of the state’s best wrestlers and NOT lose money (which happens too often). When we make a few bucks the money goes to state awards. 

Ranger are you going to make up some sort of flyer for this event. 

That way local teams can print it off and give it to their team members and family.

Make it like one of those UFC flyers. Have the match ups and other info. 

14 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Ranger are you going to make up some sort of flyer for this event. 

That way local teams can print it off and give it to their team members and family.

Make it like one of those UFC flyers. Have the match ups and other info. 

Ha ha. I will try to pull something together. 

Shaping up to be a great day of wrestling!! Thanks Brandon for getting together the Track broadcast!! Now get back out there in that lanai of yours or on Ewa’s boat!! That’s enough work for the day!!!! :-)

43 minutes ago, gameface said:

Shaping up to be a great day of wrestling!! Thanks Brandon for getting together the Track broadcast!! Now get back out there in that lanai of yours or on Ewa’s boat!! That’s enough work for the day!!!! :-)

Looks like you still have jokes.  We need to thank Jon Carr for getting this set up and helping to support this event.  There are so many good people in the wrestling community, even you Darren.

• Upvote 1

The lineup is ALMOST set. Two more matches to announce. A 106/113 matchup puts #1 @ 106 Spencer Moore against #2 @ 113 Matthew Meyer. This is our highest ranked match (1 vs 2).  These guys finished 2nd and 4th at 106 last season but never faced off.  They will in less than 2 weeks.  At what should be an interesting 152 weight this season, we have #3 Tyler Hudgins taking on #4 Landon Lenhart. My alma mater Harrison County has been represented at the All Star Classic each year.

GOO - be on the lookout for that nice flier tomorrow when I hopefully have the last match lined up. Thanks to a great Kentuckywrestling fan who put a fantastic flier together for us late last week. 

GFS: Olivia Messerly v Ashley Courtney  

126: #1 Gavin Andreoni v #3 Bryant Beane

170: #4 Seth Slayton v #10 Tristan Brooks

195: #1 Daulton Mayer v #3 Ben Bush

132: #3 S. Grandstaff v #4 Seth Lutes

145: #1 Merritt v #3 Conner

138: #4 J. Grandstaff v #5 Cowan

220: #1 Bussell v #4 Deasel

160: #3 Shackelford v #5 Aldridge

120: #1 Thomas v #3 Thornton

152: #3 Hudgins v #4 Lenhart

106/113: #1 Moore v #2 Meyer

Final match to be added to the card puts another Trinity wrestler #8 Austin Hedges against #5 Thomas Hoppes of Larue County. This is a weird situation where this is going to be a 126 match but both kids are ranked at 132.

195: #1 Daulton Mayer v #3 Ben Bush

126: #5 Hoppes v #8 Hedges

I will post the final bout order tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, JStrayRN said:

Why no 285 match?

We have historically struggled with getting the top big guys out for this event primarily due to football. There are a handful of studs who will pull double duty but those are not the norm. I will say I don’t hold it against the kids who are focused on the football field as I know I would probably expect that of my wrestlers during our season. 

When: Saturday, October 5 @ 1:00 pm EST

Where: Scott HS, Taylor Mill, KY

Live Stream available on track

Matches:

126: #5 Hoppes v #8 Hedges

195: #1 Daulton Mayer v #3 Ben Bush

Huge thanks to our sponsors helping to make this event possible:

Barbarian Apparel

Invicta Wrestling Academy and Footwork Trainer

No-Ox Wrestling

Ky Extreme Wresting

We’ve also had some great officials volunteer their time to this event. Can’t have these matches without the guys in stripes and always nice to get some of our best to officiate these high level matches. 

Just a few days out from the all star event. Hoping to see a great crowd on Saturday at Scott HS to kick off the 2019-20 season. Wrestling will begin at 1:00 EST. Also spread the work that there will be a track live stream for those unable to make the trip. 

Unfortunately we’ve had a couple injuries require some replacement wrestlers. 

Nolan Banfield will replace Cole Thomas

Nathan Wright will replace Seth Slayton

We have been very lucky over the last 5 years to have minimal issues that resulted in a need to fill a spot at the last second. Huge thanks to these guys who are willing to step up late in the game. 

Looking forward to a great day of wrestling. I’ve had contact and know there will be at least a couple D1 coaches following along on the stream in addition to the coaches who will be in attendance. 

What a great event.  I wanted to thank Jason Moore for his never ending commitment to grow Ky wrestling.  He has been a Rock for years in the Kentucky wrestling community,  from constantly helping multiple kids all over the state.  Not to mention years of rankings, travel teams and the All Star Classic.  The tournament was developed to promote wrestling and give back to the state.  I assure you this was never intended for profit and we have the personal checks to confirm.  Every penny of profit was spent on Ky wrestling from brackets, shirts, etc.  In regards to the All Star tournament, the hope is to get the state excited prior to the season and maybe get some kids recognized by some college coaches.  Every year we have multiple kids continuing to wrestle at the next level.  It is awesome to see kids move on and earn money toward their college education.  So once again, thank you Jason Moore.

I also want to thank Darren Thomas and recognize his commitment to the wrestling community all these years.  Anyone that knows Darren understands the man that he is.  He will go out of his way to help any way he can.  We as a state should be grateful to have someone like him helping so much.

I could sit here for days and mention people that I have had the pleasure of being around during this process.  The countless people that devote time and energy into this sport.  My hope is that every new generation makes and impact on our state.  It is a cycle they every few years changes as new families and wrestlers go thru the process.  My journey with my son and the friends I made was awesome and I will cherish the time we had.  I challenge our state to continue to grow, be willing to volunteer, donate, create travel teams, run camps, etc. 

Finally, thank you to the countless coaches, parents, and wrestlers for all that you do.  The season is upon us and I hope you all reach your goals.

43 minutes ago, Wrestlingfan67 said:

Where can I get the pictures from this event?

Thanks to Angie Lewis (Casey Cornett’s mom) we will soon have access to a TON (literally) of photos from today’s event. Be patient as she gets them loaded to site we can access. 

Great great event today. Best turnout in the 5 years of the event. Some very good wrestling on the mat with a lot of exciting action. Also a decent turnout online for the track stream. The archive is still available for anyone who wants to go back and watch the matches. And please excuse my poor attempt at broadcasting. Too many irons in the fire on this day to try to be a part time color commentator guy. But I tried. Ha ha. 

We missed you this year Brandon. Couldn’t get the remote announcing to work, but maybe we can get you here in person next year and we can do a more professional job giving play by play during the matches.