Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings PRE-Preseason 2019/2020 - June 21

I'd like to know about the redistricting. I heard that McCracken won't be hiring a coach and will be dissolving the whole program. Any truth to any of that?

On 7/11/2019 at 10:30 PM, Mr. Perfect said:

Logan Deasal is transferring to P.T. Due to the redistricting.

Not sure how you redistrict when P.T. is an indpendent school system from the McCracken system. The only way he or any of the former McCracken wrestlers should/could be eligible is a physical move. I.E. the Deasal's or  any other former McCracken wrestler,  sell their house in McCracken's district and physically move to P.T.'s district. At least that's the way the rules are suppose to be applied.

On 7/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, DrBaker said:

I'd like to know about the redistricting. I heard that McCracken won't be hiring a coach and will be dissolving the whole program. Any truth to any of that?

I talked to a parent with 3 wrestlers in the program that can't afford to pick up and "move" and she said McCracken was activly looking for a new coach. So it should be interesting. If there is no program that my help the one who want to transfer. 

I hope they all find a way to wrestle. That's a great coaching opportunity at a massive school that has quickly built a great program. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

I hope they all find a way to wrestle. That's a great coaching opportunity at a massive school that has quickly built a great program. 

What was the drama around Nickal leaving? 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, bestmistake33 said:

What was the drama around Nickal leaving? 

I don't know the drama part of it. I just know he took the Athletic Director job at Tilghman. 

Man, I wish there was a wrestling thread that was as active as bluegrass rivals is for football. Ever since my son started wrestling for Belfry his freshman year it has been a sport I could talk about and watch everyday. Do any of you guys know if there is such a forum? I sure hope so. I'm on bluegrass rivals 9-10 times a day but it's about Belfry football stuff. I want to talk about wrestling. I know there's a thread on there for other sports but no one hardly ever talks about wrestling. I can't wait for wrestling to start back up to see if my son can make a run at being named All State, or possibly win a championship his senior year. He's ranked #10 in the 285lb preseason rankings. If he does, he'll be the first athlete ever at Belfry High School to be All State in football and wrestling. We've never had a champion. Anyway, good luck to all our young wrestlers this year and hope they all have a success, injury free season! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, #55PirateFan said:

Man, I wish there was a wrestling thread that was as active as bluegrass rivals is for football. Ever since my son started wrestling for Belfry his freshman year it has been a sport I could talk about and watch everyday. Do any of you guys know if there is such a forum? I sure hope so. I'm on bluegrass rivals 9-10 times a day but it's about Belfry football stuff. I want to talk about wrestling. I know there's a thread on there for other sports but no one hardly ever talks about wrestling. I can't wait for wrestling to start back up to see if my son can make a run at being named All State, or possibly win a championship his senior year. He's ranked #10 in the 285lb preseason rankings. If he does, he'll be the first athlete ever at Belfry High School to be All State in football and wrestling. We've never had a champion. Anyway, good luck to all our young wrestlers this year and hope they all have a success, injury free season! 

I post a few times a week and try to get guys to talk. It's pretty slow on here. Good luck to your boy on fighting his way up the rankings. 

6 hours ago, DrBaker said:

I post a few times a week and try to get guys to talk. It's pretty slow on here. Good luck to your boy on fighting his way up the rankings. 

Thank you Sir, I appreciate that. Yeah, I'd love to start talking some wrestling. My problem is I know very little about other schools outside of Region 8, and I dont know a whole lot about that one. But I'd love to learn. I know Johnsin Central has an excellent program and I'm pretty sure Union is pretty damn good. I wish I'd started my boy wrestling when he was in diapers. One of the most unappreciated sports there is. People kept saying dont let him wrestle, it's boring. Well, it had the opposite effect on me. I love it! And when he went to state last year it was awesome seeing all that great competition. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/21/2019 at 8:00 PM, Ranger123 said:

Ok, I finally just broke down and posted these summer rankings.  These essentially only update for state results and remove the seniors.  Once school begins and we have real information on where kids are attending school i will start to make updates for transfers and begin to make guesstimates on weight changes.

The only thing i will say right now is Region 1 is looking very, very tough going into next season.

Rankings_19_20_0621.pdf

Update coming soon?

25 minutes ago, wrastler_ said:

Update coming soon?

I wouldn't think a rankings update would come before November. Nothing much right now to go off of. Once weight assessments start rolling in, then he will have a better idea of predicting where to place people. Still waiting to hear on who all is eligible this season after the moves as well. It has been a wild off-season. 

1 hour ago, wrastler_ said:

Update coming soon?

I will actually post an update to reflect some weight changes that I have seen late this summer and updates I have received from coaches or team insiders. And as mentioned there have been a lot of team changes that can now be reflected. 

Expect the update in early September after the holiday.