Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings PRE-Preseason 2019/2020 - June 21

Ok, I finally just broke down and posted these summer rankings.  These essentially only update for state results and remove the seniors.  Once school begins and we have real information on where kids are attending school i will start to make updates for transfers and begin to make guesstimates on weight changes.

The only thing i will say right now is Region 1 is looking very, very tough going into next season.

Rankings_19_20_0621.pdf

I’ll put this out there. McCracken won’t make top 30 next year. 

Edit: They will be down, but might have been an overreach. If what I heard was true, then my original statement wouldn't be that far-fetched. 

16 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Well obviously they won’t be the same. But based on where things stood at the end of the season I think this is accurate. 

On 6/21/2019 at 11:07 PM, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I just can't see the whole team making a transfer. Surely a few good kids will stay and they will still be top 10. Having to sit out a year has to stop a few.  Deasel will be a senior. Surely he stays. 

1 minute ago, grappler-of-old said:

If a kid is a middle school kid moving to high school then he would not have to sit out a year. 

What if they are still middle school kids? Rider and Virzi will be 8th graders. 

21 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

If a kid is a middle school kid moving to high school then he would not have to sit out a year. 

Is some big changes going on at McCracken Co? 

Does that still count if they participated in a khsaa varsity sport the previous year for a different school?

Here is what the KHSAA Bylaws state. 

Case BL-6-1-

What is the transfer rule (Bylaw 6)?

Bylaw 6, Transfer Rule, states that any student who changes schools after enrolling in grade 9 and after participating in a varsity contest in any sport, shall be ineligible at the new school for one year from the date of last varsity participation at the old school in any sport participated during that one-year period. There is only limited authority to waive the period of ineligibility under the circumstances outlined in Bylaw 6 and the Due Process Procedure. A contest is one of the defined limit for the specific sport within Bylaw 23 and does not include scrimmages. Additional reminders include:

Bylaw 6 contains restrictions relative to students changing schools after they have BOTH been in grade nine AND played for a member school at the varsity level. A student who has not yet been in grade nine or has not yet participated at the varsity level has no restrictions on transfer within

Bylaw 6. The restrictions on students who have both been in grade nine AND played for a member school require said individual to be ineligible for one year from that student’s latest varsity participation in that sport. The one-year period of ineligibility may be waived if documentation can be made that one of 11 published exceptions have been met as listed in the rule (Section 2). Even if an exception has been satisfied, that exception can be negated and a waiver not granted if there is sufficient evidence of a transfer motivated by athletics as detailed in Section 3.

A student transferring between schools below grade nine is not regulated by the KHSAA. A student initially entering grade nine has no transfer restriction, even if such student has played varsity in grades seven or eight.

Here is the link

https://khsaa.org/common_documents/handbook/bylaws/bylaw6.pdf

49 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Does that still count if they participated in a khsaa varsity sport the previous year for a different school?

In short, it doesn't matter what you do as a middle schooler.  There are no transfer restrictions for incoming freshman.  Transfer restrictions don't come into play until you've participated in a varsity sport as a high schooler.

I believe that open enrollment still does not allow a high school student who participated in a sport to switch schools and participate without meeting the requirements. 

A new freshman has no restrictions whatsoever. 

If you are in this situation I would ask the AD of the high school you are wanting to participate with.

25 minutes ago, ColtsWrestling said:

Colby Stratman (220) Desales HS is a senior this coming season and is not in the rankings. I believe you might have had him as a senior last year. 

You are correct. Had him as a senior last year. Will get him back in there next round. 

On 6/25/2019 at 11:38 AM, grappler-of-old said:

I believe that open enrollment still does not allow a high school student who participated in a sport to switch schools and participate without meeting the requirements. 

A new freshman has no restrictions whatsoever. 

If you are in this situation I would ask the AD of the high school you are wanting to participate with.

That's correct.  Open enrollment has no bearing on athletic eligibility.  Unless you meet one of the exceptions, if you've played a varsity sport and transfer, you'll have to sit out, even with open enrollment.

It's not as simple as it use to be when the rules first changed. The state has started digging deeper into these "physical moves" than people think due to everyone using that to justify eligibility at another school. In addition, ADs/coaches have no true insight if a kid will be eligible. Their fingers are crossed just like the kid/family. Hope it works out for any kid trying to transfer.

I predict Union will have their best team, points wise at state this next season. I also predict them to win the Mater Dei Holiday Classic if they have a healthy team for once. Some interesting developments in the middle school world there in Morganfield as well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I predict Union will have their best team, points wise at state this next season. I also predict them to win the Mater Dei Holiday Classic if they have a healthy team for once. Some interesting developments in the middle school world there in Morganfield as well. 

Bold prediction. 9 high school Finalists? 5 Middle school finalists?

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 7:25 AM, DrBaker said:

I just can't see the whole team making a transfer. Surely a few good kids will stay and they will still be top 10. Having to sit out a year has to stop a few.  Deasel will be a senior. Surely he stays. 

And news just broke he transferred due to “redistricting”. Whatever that is.