Sign in to follow this  
Wkywrestler

JCPS varsity rule

Has anyone else heard a new JCPS rule that will no longer allow middle schoolers to compete at the varsity level, if true, will this affect any big names next year?

From what im told, it is true, but will not really affect wrestling.  They can compete at varsity level if that sport is not offered in middle school. 

Not sure how m.s. club teams would be affected. I know a few have clubs, but dont know if any have a "school" team

2 hours ago, coachteater said:

From what im told, it is true, but will not really affect wrestling.  They can compete at varsity level if that sport is not offered in middle school. 

Not sure how m.s. club teams would be affected. I know a few have clubs, but dont know if any have a "school" team

So if the middle school offers wrestling they can't compete at the varsity level, right? 

It’s mostly a basketball rule from my understanding. If there is a high school and middle school competition on the same day the middle schooler is supposed to go to the middle school event. I’ve talked to some AD’s that don’t think the rule applies to wrestling at all because the Middle school season is not run through KHSAA