Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

Surprises for next year

Insko is super tough, but...where does he make the line up? He can’t make 132 anymore and Union has #3 ranked Adams 12th grade. 138 is no guarantee with #2 ranked Pogue 12th grade , 145 he has #2 ranked Carr, 152 is #1 ranked Russelburg, 160 is #1 ranked Little. Wish him all the best, but someone in this room isn’t gonna be very happy. Not sure who it will be. 

3 hours ago, JB said:

Insko is super tough, but...where does he make the line up? He can’t make 132 anymore and Union has #3 ranked Adams 12th grade. 138 is no guarantee with #2 ranked Pogue 12th grade , 145 he has #2 ranked Carr, 152 is #1 ranked Russelburg, 160 is #1 ranked Little. Wish him all the best, but someone in this room isn’t gonna be very happy. Not sure who it will be. 

Those weights are from preseason rankings based on a weight class they made in February. I have no doubt he will fit in seamlessly and Union will have the best team we’ve seen in a VERY long time.

• Like 1

I have no doubt he will make the line up, just not sure where. There will have to be some shuffling. Someone will lose a spot. 

1 hour ago, JB said:

I have no doubt he will make the line up, just not sure where. There will have to be some shuffling. Someone will lose a spot. 

I think the most logical lineup would to keep Gabe at 132, insert Insko at 138, and the rest all bump up a weight class. No one loses a spot at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I think the most logical lineup would to keep Gabe at 132, insert Insko at 138, and the rest all bump up a weight class. No one loses a spot at all.

Union has kids ranked from 132-HWT. If you insert Insko at 138 and bump everyone, someone loses a spot. Most likely will affect Moore, Calloway, or Pike. 

14 minutes ago, JB said:

Union has kids ranked from 132-HWT. If you insert Insko at 138 and bump everyone, someone loses a spot. Most likely will affect Moore, Calloway, or Pike. 

It's not really "bumping up". These kids are growing. Russellburg, Little, and Pogue are noticeably bigger and will have to do big cuts to get to last years weight classes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JB said:

Who knows really. Matthias was a huge 220 last year. He could be heavyweight, which would force Pike out of the lineup anyways. The season doesn't start for a few more months, so it's all speculation right now. 

Last I saw Pike, Calloway, and Moore,  they were all hwts.  There's no guarantee of a spot in Union. Russellburg was jv 2 years ago. We might have Savanna Bacon in our starting lineup. We will find out Dec 7th.