Nkawtg

Uh oh. Bellarmine goes NCAA DI

From what I've heard they have no plans on cutting the program.  It's going to be tough to recruit high level guys due to the 4 year post season ban.  As far as conference, the MAC or Southern could be a good fit as an affiliate member.  Hopefully they last through my sons last 3 years. They put a ton of money (they purchased an old church a couple of miles from campus) into a wrestling facility, that currently serves no other purpose.  I can’t see them cutting the program.  

8 hours ago, FalconWrestling said:

My guess would be they go either SoCon or EIWA, but ya no plans on cutting the program. 

Just heard that they will be wrestling as an independent, at least initially, and have been assured the program will not be cut.

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Just heard that they will be wrestling as an independent, at least initially, and have been assured the program will not be cut.

I received the same confirmation today. 

Would love to see them wrestle The Citadel in the Southern Conference!

Well from my understanding there isn't really such thing as "independent" in wrestling. While their are ineligible for the postseason I suppose it's fine but they need to get attached to a conference at some point. I would personally go with SoCon where programs like UTC are but the MAC would also work

From what I hear it’s definitely SoCon. I’m just going to enjoy this one year of D2 with some pretty good incoming freshmen and couple good upperclassmen. Hopefully they can make a little noise 

On 4/18/2020 at 1:24 PM, Larue01 said:

Well from what I’ve seen this year and after graduation and transfers, I definitely believe this will be a tough transition 

Your kid jumped ship to soon. They had a solid freshman recruiting class with 3-4 kids who will start as true freshman this year. 

59 minutes ago, JimmyCrackedCorn said:

Your kid jumped ship to soon. They had a solid freshman recruiting class with 3-4 kids who will start as true freshman this year. 

Maybe, but the 5.5 hrs away was tough on him and he was the only one cutting a lot of weight. I’m sure that has to be tough mentally on a 18 year old. Great school though and I hope they do well

1 hour ago, Larue01 said:

Maybe, but the 5.5 hrs away was tough on him and he was the only one cutting a lot of weight. I’m sure that has to be tough mentally on a 18 year old. Great school though and I hope they do well

I am newer to wrestling through my son. I watched your boy he was tough. Sad to see him go

On 6/18/2019 at 6:37 AM, rjs4470 said:

Who is your son?

From what I've heard they have no plans on cutting the program.  It's going to be tough to recruit high level guys due to the 4 year post season ban.  As far as conference, the MAC or Southern could be a good fit as an affiliate member.  Hopefully they last through my sons last 3 years. They put a ton of money (they purchased an old church a couple of miles from campus) into a wrestling facility, that currently serves no other purpose.  I can’t see them cutting the program.