Sign in to follow this  
pin2win

State Finals Video

26 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

With Trackwrestling, there is no need to get a media company involved at all.  They are already paying to use track to run the tourney.  All they need is to buy a dozen video cams (you need backups) to attach to the scoring computers and the infrastructure is done.  Sell subscriptions to the event, get a few sponsors involved and they are guaranteed to make money off streaming the event.  I know I've heard the wifi at the Horsepark isn't cheap, but even with that cost, I don't see how the KHSAA can't make steaming the event a positive revenue generator.  

KY USA already has the equipment. And they have somehow figured out how to make the finances work out to stream the entire MS state tournament. 

1 hour ago, FalconWrestling said:

We do have to acknowledge that Mike Barren doesn't really care about our sport

The more and more I have to deal with them in other sports, the more I am starting to realize they dont care much about anything other than collecting their checks and retirement.  Considering all the things they dont do for the non revenue sports, and all the things they let teams/schools get away with doing that are against the bylaws it is what it is.  Only have our principals and AD's to blame, they are the ones that approve the people that work in those positions.  

3 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

KY USA already has the equipment. And they have somehow figured out how to make the finances work out to stream the entire MS state tournament. 

Hey Ranger there may be a loophole here to get around the KHSAA.  If the video group works a contract directly with the arena, KHSAA can do anything about it.   

Im trying to find anything in our old contracts about that but so far nothing either way at this point. Might be something for the Coaches Association to look into. 

2 hours ago, plantmanky1 said:

Hey Ranger there may be a loophole here to get around the KHSAA.  If the video group works a contract directly with the arena, KHSAA can do anything about it.   

Im trying to find anything in our old contracts about that but so far nothing either way at this point. Might be something for the Coaches Association to look into. 

Yeah should be something that someone can get set up. And like I said I’m confident they would make a profit on it. You know a bunch of people would purchase the stream to at least watch the finals. Heck if they don’t want to make the money I’ll put up the few bucks to set up the stream and they can deposit the subscription fees into my account. 

19 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

Any attempt at seeding is better than a completely random draw.  I agree, no system will be perfect, and there will always be kids who outwrestle (or under perform) their seeds.  But the current random draw ALWAYS leads to more than a few hammers meeting before the semi's.  You don't have to seed 1-32.  I'd be more than happy just seeding the region winners and every else following in from there based on region placement.  

Not seeding simply because it won't be perfect, is not a good reason to not even try.  Every major national tournament manages to seed wrestlers somewhat logically.  No reason the State of Kentucky can't.

You are correct in that it can't be any worse but I honestly don't think it will be any better.  At least now it can be blamed on poor random draw.  Otherwise it will be blamed on bias, or poor opponent competition, or lack of matches.  Ie.  Wayne Co. wrestles 50+ times throughout the year with little travel.  Where Nky schools spend most of their time in Ky. (Campbell, Ryle, Sk,Walton) and may only wrestle 30+ matches. 

3 hours ago, Eat at Joe's said:

Or - Shouldn't any school be able to come in and do this? https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/sbp https://khsaa.org/khsaanfhs-network-required-media-rights-schedule/

The problem is access to the floor and prime space to record is limited. A single video/streaming source is the logical solution. And everyone else in the country has pretty well figured out the track/flo setup is the most efficient way to do this. It’s not that complicated. Ask the MS board. They managed to pull this off very effectively. 

1 hour ago, Ranger123 said:

The problem is access to the floor and prime space to record is limited. A single video/streaming source is the logical solution. And everyone else in the country has pretty well figured out the track/flo setup is the most efficient way to do this. It’s not that complicated. Ask the MS board. They managed to pull this off very effectively. 

We need to have the Coaches association formally request to use track mat-side/video . If they deny it, ask them to provide an equal coverage that they provided Football and Basketball. If they chose not to, then maybe we see what options are out there that defines prejudice or discrimination against wrestling. Title 9 is just right around the corner with all the success female wrestlers are having in other states and the lack of support by the KHSAA. I’m sure the females wrestling not getting the support they deserve would be an interesting topic in a legal field for some of these parents looking for scholarships in the future. Lack of coverage could hurt these athletes in pursuing college scholarships. 

27 minutes ago, gameface said:

We need to have the Coaches association formally request to use track mat-side/video . If they deny it, ask them to provide an equal coverage that they provided Football and Basketball. If they chose not to, then maybe we see what options are out there that defines prejudice or discrimination against wrestling. Title 9 is just right around the corner with all the success female wrestlers are having in other states and the lack of support by the KHSAA. I’m sure the females wrestling not getting the support they deserve would be an interesting topic in a legal field for some of these parents looking for scholarships in the future. Lack of coverage could hurt these athletes in pursuing college scholarships. 

Unfortunately, almost every sport EXCEPT football and basketball is in the same boat as wrestling.  And there are some sports that have it even worse than wrestling.  

42 minutes ago, HawkeyeX125 said:

Keep it simple... just boycott the KHSAA

Sounds good in theory.  But it's simply not practical, or possible without doing damage to the sport.