coachteater

2020 State Date

Now that its officially out there, here is info for state. This is going to mess alot of stuff up being many already have gyms reserved. I myself may lose both my events, but working to figure it out. To say the least, im not happy with this

Screenshot_20190516-104346_Samsung Internet.jpg

Starting a week earlier really does not help much.  Not sure about the other boarder states but Ohio does not start until Dec. 1st.  So giving us an extra week earlier in the season really doesn't help.  NKy schools cannot start events any earlier than Dec 1st if they want Ohio schools.  

Does it really disrupt anything?   If everyone keeps there events as is.  Then the only thing that would be needed is for something the 1st week. 

44 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Does it really disrupt anything?   If everyone keeps there events as is.  Then the only thing that would be needed is for something the 1st week. 

Yes, because many schools have scheduled gyms and now cant change dates. I scheduled girls state Feb 8th, but now it needs to be Feb 1st, our basketball team has the gym, so fighting to get it.

If you keep all tournaments in line how they were, many have moved tournaments to adjust to state, now they need to move them back. Ok if gym isnt taken, but for me its a huge problem.  

1 hour ago, grappler-of-old said:

I think a lot of people will not speak up but it disrupts quite a bit imo... You essentially waste a weekend in Nov. because nothing is scheduled anyways and those who have preseason things have to push it back another week.. rd 2 of the playoffs. So you lose out on FB kids...(Not the argument point here but still a point to make.)

I appreciate them getting the info out to us, but May 16th we get the info we needed back in April when we were trying to schedule our gyms out.  

But only the end of the year is really affected.  If you look at it as if they shortened the season by 1 week then only the last weekend is a problem.  

As mentioned before I don't think many teams will actually start a week earlier.  Here in Nky its almost impossible since we spend most of the season in Ohio. 

What tournaments were scheduled for the 8th? 

15 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

But only the end of the year is really affected.  If you look at it as if they shortened the season by 1 week then only the last weekend is a problem.  

As mentioned before I don't think many teams will actually start a week earlier.  Here in Nky its almost impossible since we spend most of the season in Ohio. 

What tournaments were scheduled for the 8th? 

I believe Girl's State and MS state were scheduled for that day. I could be wrong though. It's like pulling teeth to get gyms scheduled in February due to basketball reigning supreme at most schools. I'm not surprised by this, though. Nobody wants to go back to the horse park, deal with allergies, and experience a lack of passion from the higher ups who make the decision for us, so it's no surprise they made the decisions they did. It's frustrating. Here's to hoping KHSAA can improve on the worst state tournament in history.

I thought MS state was after the High school state this year.  Since they are under USA they could still have it after.  

Maybe KHSAA would grant an exception and give a week extension for the girls state tourney. 

5 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

I thought MS state was after the High school state this year.  Since they are under USA they could still have it after.  

Maybe KHSAA would grant an exception and give a week extension for the girls state tourney. 

Girls state will be Feb 1st now. Hopefully I can work my gym out, but if not we will find somewhere to do it

13 hours ago, GentleBeard said:

Wow. When is MS regionals?

Well yesterday, it was one date... But 630 this morning, I got an email stating MS State was moved back to the first weekend of Feb. So I am assuming Regions is now back to what it was before.

11 hours ago, halfhalfhalf said:

Well yesterday, it was one date... But 630 this morning, I got an email stating MS State was moved back to the first weekend of Feb. So I am assuming Regions is now back to what it was before.

MS Regionals should be Jan 18th I think... with HS and MS state being Jan 25th.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, pin2win said:

MS Regionals should be Jan 18th I think... with HS and MS state being Jan 25th.

that doesn't sound right. HS stat in Feb

1 hour ago, ccbcdeke said:

that doesn't sound right. HS stat in Feb

I think the reference was to State Duals, not the individual tourney.

Saw this today and kinda laughed, but felt bad at same time. Here is Anderson co high school graduation.  They dont even get the dirt covered up, so guess we got at least we got that. :mellow:

Screenshot_20190529-115734_Samsung Internet.jpg